Belt alignment question

Due to my longer trunk, I had to split the ab from the cod. I need to be able to shift the ab and chest up, so I can move the back and kidney to butt up against each other. I gained about a half inch of space with the belt being centered and touching the bottom of the button plate.

Question- Does the top of the ammo belt have to touch the bottom of the button plate? If not, then I can gain another inch by lowering it to cover the gap between the ab and cod.

This is the last bit of fitting I need to work out so I can apply. The rest has been given a thumbs up.

Due to my longer trunk, I had to split the ab from the cod. I need to be able to shift the ab and chest up, so I can move the back and kidney to butt up against each other. I gained about a half inch of space with the belt being centered and touching the bottom of the button plate.

Question- Does the top of the ammo belt have to touch the bottom of the button plate? If not, then I can gain another inch by lowering it to cover the gap between the ab and cod.

This is the last bit of fitting I need to work out so I can apply. The rest has been given a thumbs up.

With the assumption that you are working on a shadow trooper the crl is not specific to the exact placement of the belt. But I would check with your local gml to be safe because he may be picky about things. But overall it shouldn't matter as long as it covers the gap that's there. Just don't have it too low to where if you move a certain way you could see the gap. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is where the CRL gets wonky about the Back to Kidney area:

Back plate contains a "O II" design with little or no overlap of the kidney plate. [interpretation - there can be a gap between the Back and kidney, ( just little or no overlap)]

However,

The top of the kidney armor is flush to or under the back armor. (interpretation - there can be NO Gap)

There is a minimal gap between the posterior and kidney armor.

This is fine for people like me who don't have a long torso. Really the only way to literally meet the CRL for longer torso folks is to add extension pieces to either the kidney or butt piece or both.

You could also add hidden extension pieces to the top of the cod and bottom of the abs. Then put Velcro at each joining seam and on the top and bottom of the belt to help hold belt in place and hide the cod and abs extension pieces. This will only work if the GML or CRL allows for a gap between the Back and Kidney.

Hope that all made sense.

Maybe the Detachment CRL Team can chime in on the "intent" of CRL statements.

Thanks guys. It's the flush, or slight overlap that I am having issues with. If I can adjust the belt down about an inch, I can eliminate that gap between the back and kidney, while still leaving the kidney aligned with the ab plate. Being able to raise the ab plate, allows me to raise the chest, keeping the overlap and pushing the shoulder straps down and into proper placement on the back.

I'll get with the GML to make sure it's ok to move the belt down.