Death Trooper armor question

Jim Tripon on Facebook or jimmiroquai on this Forum. He also has his build thread in the Death Trooper sub-forums.

• 3 months later...

I am now making gel coated fiberglass Death Trooper armor. See plasticarmsdealer.com for more information on how the kit is made.

This isn't the cheapest kit out there, but it is the best for trooping. Each part is made from 2 x 3/4oz sheets of fiberglass and a hard black gel coat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Could some please post photos with which parts of the armor is the two tone dark grey! Both on body armor and bucket as there doesn't seem to be many references photos that show that clearly. Also does anyone know the best match colour to use for that greyed out areas. As well as the fine line work on the shoulder bells. Is that just a dark silver or grey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could some please post photos with which parts of the armor is the two tone dark grey! Both on body armor and bucket as there doesn't seem to be many references photos that show that clearly. Also does anyone know the best match colour to use for that greyed out areas. As well as the fine line work on the shoulder bells. Is that just a dark silver or grey?

I tried to do this as quickly as I could and chip in anyone who thinks this is wrong (and I am still going to the helmet I just need time)

The green represents where the Tamiya Metallic Black gets applied (TS-40 from memory)

CyBFA6Sb.jpguuzOeadb.jpg9soPszhb.jpg

• Like 1

I tried to do this as quickly as I could and chip in anyone who thinks this is wrong (and I am still going to the helmet I just need time)

The green represents where the Tamiya Metallic Black gets applied (TS-40 from memory)

CyBFA6Sb.jpguuzOeadb.jpg9soPszhb.jpg

Wow thank you so much for this mate. This is a massive help. Yeah the bucket would be good also as reference. Now with the shoulders and biceps they have like a dark grey or silver painted in the line work. Does this apply to the thigh parts. I also think I've seen it on the line work on the chest. What colour does everyone recommend and advise on what parts have this line work painted.

Really appreciate the help.

#deathtroopersrock

As a general comment weathering is optional.

With the shoulder bells, I wanted it to be subtle so used the metallic black, but I have not "weathered" them yet. Check out all the pictures of the DT's on display, there are some great shots of the armour there. You will get a wealth of information from there :)

• Like 1