Boots question

So, I've managed to find a great pair of shoes that are compliant with the TK/TX shape, but they're in black so I'll need to paint them. My question is, do the U-shape elastic parts need to be red as well? Or can they remain black along with the sole of the boots?

Here's an image from the CRL, they look kind of red in it, but I'm not sure if that's required.

• Like 1

Hello yes I would recommend painting them red as well since the entire boot has to be red except the soles.That way it looks uniform. I did the same thing with my boots. :) Good question though let us know if you have any other concerns.

I would have to see pics but I would say the safe bet would be to paint the black ones you have.

Thanks! I've got another pair of boots that were already a great glossy red, but they're knee-high, with modifications, would it be possible to have them cleared for the costume? I'll see if i can't get pictures of it later today.

So unfortunately, those black boots did not fit me. They were women's rain boots, and the largest they had was a size 11, in women's sizing, and it could hardly fit past my ankles. Which is a shame, they were perfect in look.

Okay, so hear me out on this one. I know from first glance it's obviously not approved, but with modifications as shown in the pics, I think it can be done.

uRhf0nx.jpg

Would I be able to keep them that high in length? The calf armor would obscure the boots and be hidden, so it wouldn't matter, right?

Ya know i really dont know what to tell you but ya know what. Do it lets see how it looks with the armor and go from there. Ultimately it will be up to your local GML for approval so keep that in mind as well. Sorry for the late response hurricane and all.

Ya know i really dont know what to tell you but ya know what. Do it lets see how it looks with the armor and go from there. Ultimately it will be up to your local GML for approval so keep that in mind as well. Sorry for the late response hurricane and all.

No worries! Hope everyone is doing okay over there. So I've actually found a pair for a decent price on imperialboots, so I won't have to go through any lengthy process of converting these boots, which honestly is more work than it's worth doing.

• Like 1

Hooray that is great news :D. yeah its a lot of work what you were going to do but i can understand if you are on a budget and dont have a lot of money to spend on items nothing wrong with being thrifty and tryin something new. So far all is well so not to worried :) Best of luck with your boots woot

No worries! Hope everyone is doing okay over there. So I've actually found a pair for a decent price on imperialboots, so I won't have to go through any lengthy process of converting these boots, which honestly is more work than it's worth doing.