Opinion needed on current shadow trooper armouer.

Clewsy

Something is off with that helmet to me and I dont think it is accurate. Who is the maker of this kit? Also the best way to see if it is approvable is to send all detailed pics (Front, sides, back, etc.) to your local GML so that they can review and help you with anything else you need to adjust or change.

It was my Shadow armor which was approved by my GML last year using the CRL. It was pieced together from various "approved makers" most parts were B grade which I spent many many hours improving and modifying to meet the current CRL specs. I trooped many troops over the past year in it. Photos posted over on my Kill Count post 1 thru 19. Now Adam is trying to get it approved by his GML and is having issues.

Thanks, Chris. A lot of the pieces look rubies-based. It's hard to speak to what a GML previously approved, but there do seem to be a lot of issues with the armor. Some things are easier to fix than others. The chest and back look too small, for starters. Some stuff looks like fit issues. Other things I can't quite see well enough, like marks on the helmets.

• Like 1

ALCON,

Just so everyone is aware and in a show of transparency, This is what I sent to Adam in a PM in an effort to make things right. I don't want to be know as "One of those fly by night guys." In all honesty, I was brand new to this whole thing last year and my armor was approved by one of my previous GML's so I was sure everything was OK. I even trooped over 19 events in it. Photos of those events are posted in my Kill Count thread (1-19)

I am active in the Spec Ops community and hope that it is apparent that I am not out to pull anything over on Adam.

Maybe we as a community can help make Adam's path to his Shadow Trooper a straight and smooth one.

Here is what I sent him:

Adam,

I can't tell you how frustrated I am with this whole thing. This kit was approved "as it is" by my previous GML, had he brought up the same issues as your GML did I would have made the necessary fixes. Like I said previously in his opinion it met the CRL requirements. That's why I listed it in my ad the way I did: "Sold “As Is†and "Even though it has been approved for 501st Basic Level CRL, it will have to be re-approved for the individual wearer."

That being said I was thinking we have a few options:

1. I can refund your money and have you ship the entire kit back to me. You paid me $XXXXUSD ($XXX for the completed/painted armor + postage) and I refunded $XXX USD for the postage difference, so that would be a total of $XXXX USD ($XXX for the completed armor + $XXX postage) back to you.

2. We can locate the front & back pieces, helmet kit, and any other piece that can not be worked to your GML's standard within reason, I will refund the cost of those pieces to you. I would ask that you send me back the helmet with all the included electronics. Since my kit was painted with gloss black the replacement pieces can be any color and just painted to match the rest of the kit.

Clint (Mightytank) is doing a kit run of his armor for $650 shipped in the US, he may be able to ship to AUS here is the link:

http://forum.501stsp...ack-armor-kits/

Rocky (Krazytrooper) posted about WTF having parts etc as well. http://forum.501stsp...-shadowtrooper/

3. You could try and find someone in AUS who doesn't care about 501st standards and is just looking for a Cosplay outfit and I would refund the difference.

I do apologize that this has occurred. I was never out to try and pull anything over on you.

Let me know what you wish to do.

Chris

• Like 3

And.

I told Chris that I bought the kit knowing that opinions vary across GML.

I love the kit. There is no issue with what Chris has sent ot done.

I just need to do more work and replace some parts to one day troop with the 501st. I just struggle because I am not particularly handy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Steve, that seam is probably a tape line where he had to mask and repaint a crack in the lid top that occurred in transit from HI to AUS.

And.

I told Chris that I bought the kit knowing that opinions vary across GML.

I love the kit. There is no issue with what Chris has sent ot done.

I just need to do more work and replace some parts to one day troop with the 501st. I just struggle because I am not particularly handy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

We are here for you and will help anyway we can. Your Spec Ops community has your back brother!

• Like 2

Yeup everyone is here to help. I think maybe some next steps to go armor piece by armor piece and see what needs to be replaced make a list and start talking to some vendors.

Overall the helmet really needs to be replaced.

No worries things will work out find just be patient and take it one step at a time cheers.

• Like 1