Krawos first WIP Shadow Scout build

Krawo

Hello everyone! been thinking for a long time about joining 501st spec ops and Im glad I've finally made the choice to start my first trooper build!

I have some basic understanding of DIY project things and prop making but am mostly fairly new to the idea of star wars prop armor,

so I have a few things I need to get down first before I can start putting it together.

First is making a total list of needed parts for the kit. This is what i have so far but Im looking for pointers and things to add to it as i go

parts list:

Helmet: which I will probably get from altmann.

Hard solid parts: Ive looked at the list of trusted vendors for this and will probably go with one of those but more links/info are appreciated.

Soft parts: I have some under armor but I need a jumpsuit, cummerbund, flak vest, as well as the pouches, and other soft pieces to add to the list.

Boots: Ive seen some older listings for some but don't know of any newer ones that are up to date and in stock.

Gloves: I think I know a place to get these from in the trusted sources links but also want to be sure i get the right kind for the build.

Voice amp: don't know what the best idea for Shadow Scouts would be so Im thankful for links or information on the whereabouts of one and the stuff for it.

Blasters/blaster rifles: have some ideas but still need to pick guns. a question i also have for this is has anyone done an imperial heavy repeater?

Are there other parts Im missing? If so let me know and I will add them.

Apart from this i also don't know what will be required of me once i get the parts and pieces to put it all together.

can someone give me information on what needs to be done and the types of materials or tools ill need to complete it?

Thanks in advance for any and all help! Really happy to finally be here!

Ive already started talking to Altmann about a full set of hard parts + helmet most of which is ready to go out of the box besides strapping and a few other things.

After I get the money to place the order it will be about a 9 to 10 week turn around.

In the meantime Ill try to get all the soft parts together along with maybe a blaster or two so i can have the whole thing ready to go once the hard parts show up.

Does anyone know where to obtain or how to make a jump suit that has level two certification? I can find black flight suits easy on amazon but will probably need some pointers.

/hyped/

Ive already started talking to Altmann about a full set of hard parts + helmet most of which is ready to go out of the box besides strapping and a few other things.

After I get the money to place the order it will be about a 9 to 10 week turn around.

In the meantime Ill try to get all the soft parts together along with maybe a blaster or two so i can have the whole thing ready to go once the hard parts show up.

Does anyone know where to obtain or how to make a jump suit that has level two certification? I can find black flight suits easy on amazon but will probably need some pointers.

/hyped/

What would you like to know exactly about the flight suit?!

I guess ether where a link is to buy one that already has level two certification features, or how to take something like this from amazon and get it modified for level two with instructions/information!

https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Flight-Coverall-Black-Medium/dp/B0002CKDMQ/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1507577440&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=black+flight+suit

also if that is not the correct type of suit let me know! :)

I'm not experienced with buying finished flight suit. But there are not many good offers out there.

The modifications on the flight suit can be made easy by your selfe.

1. A suitable suit from dickies or redhawk must have a covered main zipper.

2. Additional pokets and zippers need to be removed

3. the collar has to be modified to a standing collar with a flap in the center Front

Fulfilling Level 2 your suit hast to have also the mud Flaps between the legs as well as the back flap made from black suede leather. Also you have to have the 50mm elastics around the thigh's.

Hmm I tried to find some suits using dickies or red hawk as search terms but was unable to find ones that had a covered zipper im also not familiar with red hawk did you perhaps mean blackhawk?.

however I did find this on etsy. it says its 501st approved but id rather have y'alls word on it is this a trusted vendor? if not I will keep looking.

looks like he also sells other soft parts i might be able to get.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/251066604/star-wars-biker-scout-trooper-jump

Can someone give me the green light on that soft parts vendor? Also apart from this does anyone happen to know someone selling the boots I need?

Hey there, no don't go there. Stay far away.

If you're looking for a finished suit you could PM Chunk on this forum or the Biker Scout forum. He does a really nice one made from a Redkapp coverall. It has the riding patch, elastic, and butt flap along with the mandarin collar.

That would give you EXACTLY what you need.

would I find this chunk bro by searching his name? or could you perhaps link me his profile? I would be more than happy to order soft parts from him!

thank you for clarifying on that seller btw. good to know to steer clear.

Im already in the process of getting the order for hard parts on the way. once I have the soft parts on the way ill be most of the way there only needing boots, gloves, and a few other things to finish it!

Al mostly hangs out at bikerscout.net. You can visit there and click Members, then search for “Chunk”. That's his aka or member name. He's a trusted 501st member, too. Hope that helps!

Thank you! Thats putting me on just the right path! Also if anyone knows the best place to get boots and other smaller parts that would be awesome. I think I know where to get gloves but Im still figuring out all the other bits.

• 1 month later...