Beta Test

Do you think the costumes will end up significant changes or looking like they will be holding as they are?

From what I've seen, looks like any changes will be minor. I know we spotted a slot on the back armor of the Inferno troopers, but the guy I'm getting my armor from had already seen that. He's got a good eye for those details. Took forever to get a look at the left side of the flight suit, but we know there's only a red stripe on the right side now. That detail came out back around Gamescom, I think. It looks like all the major details are nailed. The biggest question mark I think people have right now are the height of the boots. Sometimes they look like normal jackboots, sometimes they look like officer boots with the top strap from the jackboots. Then again, that even varies on people in real life depending on the length of their limbs. That's the problem with video games not using ACTUAL, real world items. Wouldn't surprise me if they actual vary through the game just because of animation or drawing issues. It LOOKS like Iden's might be knee high the whole time. It also looks like Iden's suit is more form fitting than the guy's as well. But then looking at the cut scene in the Beta, the top part of the flight suit folds and crumples just like a ripstop suit would rather than some other fabric. I think it's going to take a lot of wiggle room to make it work because it's likely going to change from scene to scene.

I'm still trying to figure out how the chestbox is going to go OVER Gideon's bandolier strap. It's there in some shot and not in others, so it apparently is supposed to. But, again, video game vs real life, they can do freaky things like that. That's why I'm thinking of going with a cast rubber version instead of an ABS version. And magnets are the way to go as far as attaching the chestbox. That way if you want it, you can have it, and some days you can just leave it off.

• Like 1

Awesome thanks for that level of detail and run down that is very helpful. Yeah i hear ya about the game play vs real world when it comes to costumes. My deathwatch was a royal pain due to the variation of lighting in the clone wars. I think probablyto keep it simple but accurate we will probably have to pick maybe from 1 or 2 scenes that have consistency for the CRL because otherwise it sounds like it will be a legit nightmare trying to decide on every single thing. Not to say it will take away from detail and accuracy but in a means to not go over board if ya know what i mean. I am going to try and see if i can come across the beta myself so i can have a look if not i will just have to wait. Looks like everything is shaping up nicely with things though and its looking rather exciting. Either way i am happy that we are getting some of these folks in the Spec Ops detachment. btw was there a second woman featured in the video game in the squad? In the book there is a second woman in the squad with Iden but it seems they might have left her out in the game? Thanks for all the help and I am looking forward to seeing you complete your costume :D oh and since you are in Florida you interested in joining the Dragon Slayers once you are official?

From what I've seen, looks like any changes will be minor. I know we spotted a slot on the back armor of the Inferno troopers, but the guy I'm getting my armor from had already seen that. He's got a good eye for those details. Took forever to get a look at the left side of the flight suit, but we know there's only a red stripe on the right side now. That detail came out back around Gamescom, I think. It looks like all the major details are nailed. The biggest question mark I think people have right now are the height of the boots. Sometimes they look like normal jackboots, sometimes they look like officer boots with the top strap from the jackboots. Then again, that even varies on people in real life depending on the length of their limbs. That's the problem with video games not using ACTUAL, real world items. Wouldn't surprise me if they actual vary through the game just because of animation or drawing issues. It LOOKS like Iden's might be knee high the whole time. It also looks like Iden's suit is more form fitting than the guy's as well. But then looking at the cut scene in the Beta, the top part of the flight suit folds and crumples just like a ripstop suit would rather than some other fabric. I think it's going to take a lot of wiggle room to make it work because it's likely going to change from scene to scene.

I'm still trying to figure out how the chestbox is going to go OVER Gideon's bandolier strap. It's there in some shot and not in others, so it apparently is supposed to. But, again, video game vs real life, they can do freaky things like that. That's why I'm thinking of going with a cast rubber version instead of an ABS version. And magnets are the way to go as far as attaching the chestbox. That way if you want it, you can have it, and some days you can just leave it off.