scout helmet parts/decals ?

alright,

going to build another scout helmet .. i have built 2 rs prop master biker scout kits so far.

figured i would do another one but, do it up shadow scout style with 1 of the new kits im receiving but, im not sure on a few things so, i figure i would ask

as i said, im getting another rs prop masters kit and well the decals are meant to be on a white helmet

so....

is there a source for proper decals available here?

is there a source for a silver lens?

and just to clarify and to get more accurate with the build:

~ the bolts are black -- same color as helmet or different sheen? --- gloss helmet w/satin or flat sheen black bolts?

~ the entire snout is black -- same color as helmet or different sheen? --- gloss helmet w/satin or flat sheen black snout?

now, with the biker scout the area around the snout is black .. how do you all prefer to do the shadows snout outline or is there even one? and would you do a different sheen there too?

thanks in advance for any help on this :ShadowScout:

• 4 weeks later...

alright,

going to build another scout helmet .. i have built 2 rs prop master biker scout kits so far.

figured i would do another one but, do it up shadow scout style with 1 of the new kits im receiving but, im not sure on a few things so, i figure i would ask

as i said, im getting another rs prop masters kit and well the decals are meant to be on a white helmet

so....

is there a source for proper decals available here? TropperBay has the decal sets on his Etsy. I'll post the link below

is there a source for a silver lens? Search Amazon, Ebay or your local motorcycle/dirtbike shop. You can score one for about $20 and have enough for about 2 helmets

and just to clarify and to get more accurate with the build:

~ the bolts are black -- same color as helmet or different sheen? --- gloss helmet w/satin or flat sheen black bolts? Correct

~ the entire snout is black -- same color as helmet or different sheen? --- gloss helmet w/satin or flat sheen black snout? Correct

now, with the biker scout the area around the snout is black .. how do you all prefer to do the shadows snout outline or is there even one? and would you do a different sheen there too? No outline.

thanks in advance for any help on this :ShadowScout:

A bit late to respond, but I hope the info helps. Answers are in yellow in your quote.

https://www.etsy.com...er-scout-helmet

CRL for reference: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_shadow_scout

thanks for the info and reply.

i ended up getting some mirror tint and will tint a sa lens i found with some help from strider

plus tint a regular clear lens material i have left over from a welding shield

as for the decals .. i have ordered a couple of trooperbays decals in the past and after doing some sa research his fishhook logo is to skinny for my liking

the rest of his decals are good/work for what i needed

as well, his decals for shadow scout look like they are a flat sheen ... and this is another problem for my build as i am going with a matte finish on the helmet rather than glossy

i figure i need gloss decals and accents for my build

i have been looking into to printing my own decals or even having a local shop create the decals i need using the rs decals i have as a pattern