Shadow Stormtrooper Build for the Vertically Challenged

I'm currently in progress--- if you can call wasting painter's tape and cursing up a storm "progress"--- of building a Shadow Stormtrooper to fit my towering 4'11 frame. I've built a TK before using Walt's kid kit, but honestly it does not give me much wiggle room and no matter how hard I've gone back to re-form the ab/butt plate, it digs into my hip bones.

So I'm undergoing the ultimate challenge (for me, anyway)-- converting an adult TX kit to fit without looking stumpy or a kid who's running around in their dad's kit. I did make some *slight* alterations and requested the kid-sized arm pieces and shins, because those fit very well on my TK, and the shorter adult thighs.

I've been digging around trying to find information on the requirements for any return edges, due to how heavily I'm going to have to trim the body pieces down just to be able to move.

I'm thinking I'm going to need to cut (to start) the blue taped areas off in order to move-- as of right now, I cannot move my forearms forward with the chest piece on. Also with current positioning, the buttons on the ab plate are covered up by the chest by about 30%.

AZABd8i.jpg2xnJTgy.jpga3WcLJR.jpg

(ignore the Porgjamas, I know they're totally awesome)

Will I be able to get away with completely removing the return edge and part of the plate to fit? Or will I need to re-do the return edges for approvals?

Hey there! I basically went through the exact same process as you with my own kit except that I just got the wrong size. I am quite skinny and had to chop a lot off of my kit. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :) We are all here to help. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LOL .... I'm digging the Java Trooper bucket, but to qualify as a Shadow, you're going to have to paint it black! :laugh1:

• Like 1