Help wanted.

Hi guys.

Need some help about some hard parts. Bought this studio creations from a guy here in Denmark.

I know that there's a lot of work for me, but I'm not sure what to do and where to begin. I know this, that the weird "picatini rails" and weird box on back needs to go.

Do I need a new visor for the helmet? Can I fill the holes in the parts with abs paste?

What about the color? Should I spray paint it gloss or matte?

Thanks in advance

TK 84013

c7055ed85d64b5499ae840696d4479cd.jpg5e4e27da8d684ccfca7ca6ba073b8352.jpg4d1da1a5a2c06ed574681edd49aa4d9b.jpgba097739b97a1985a234cbc3f943d262.jpg9ef164254552b21a2fb693ac88e7a000.jpg8e0ac9563f7f54d66f19550688ca8f10.jpg46adb13989f7d72780d44e6194b009f2.jpg2d7cbf70deb55959391925946906b273.jpg7da817dbbd60f2eac05e50444ab1fc4b.jpg4742607bdb624614baf0e3d69f9b3d36.jpg7a9045975e042dbb9dc6d2b37f5ee2ba.jpg901f57210d62a16432dcf13e59689ce8.jpg192dfc44545fbf37ceb56b1753e9bdd2.jpgc95eea5bbc81d0b13126ab69cc4e9dad.jpg86ad98628b909d9d5319d43f5001ce2e.jpg94e10e3a1f43f73a7eb39a4c57d0a512.jpg77df72b6d5bbfdc6d6e48f6e27c88223.jpgd2caf454844a3833b9ec5f7a08960305.jpg8239815567bcc0a9ddf3eb56be5b578a.jpg14cbf6dc9ab6e0ac7d8682d7ee20dd08.jpg

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

hello,

alright so, the forearms and the holsters are good :)

and from what it looks like the previous owner was going for the storm commando on the helmet but, not sure what he was doing on the armor.

looks like you have enough spare parts(visor/holster/belt) to cut up and make an abs paste to fill in the holes. just the visor plastic might be enough to make a paste.

the main armor shoulder bridge might be okay with the holes and may not need filled if you can get the fabric to wrap around and not show the holes. but, since i would fill everything and paint i would go ahead and fill them too.

i would replace/fix:

~ remove switch on helmet ... fix the hole thats left behind

~ visor -- get a new one

~ belt -- get a new one -- its painted white and all them holes ... as well the 3 pieces will take some work to bring it back to specs as the extra mounting material for the last box on each side has been cut away. its still workable but, is it worth it?

~ remove the rubber at bottom of helmet

~ fix the vertical seam at back of helmet

~ fix top seam around helmet where the sections join together

so, with all the filling of the holes and repairing the helmet .. i would spray it up with semi gloss per the crl standard ... some like matte and some like gloss .. its up to you though

i dont see pics ... but, if you dont have them ...

you will need:

~ back tank and tank topper greeblie

~ elbow armor and greeblies

it looks like alot of work but you can make it proper again.

good luck keep us posted!

• Like 1
hello,

alright so, the forearms and the holsters are good :)

and from what it looks like the previous owner was going for the storm commando on the helmet but, not sure what he was doing on the armor.

looks like you have enough spare parts(visor/holster/belt) to cut up and make an abs paste to fill in the holes. just the visor plastic might be enough to make a paste.

the main armor shoulder bridge might be okay with the holes and may not need filled if you can get the fabric to wrap around and not show the holes. but, since i would fill everything and paint i would go ahead and fill them too.

i would replace/fix:

~ remove switch on helmet ... fix the hole thats left behind

~ visor -- get a new one

~ belt -- get a new one -- its painted white and all them holes ... as well the 3 pieces will take some work to bring it back to specs as the extra mounting material for the last box on each side has been cut away. its still workable but, is it worth it?

~ remove the rubber at bottom of helmet

~ fix the vertical seam at back of helmet

~ fix top seam around helmet where the sections join together

so, with all the filling of the holes and repairing the helmet .. i would spray it up with semi gloss per the crl standard ... some like matte and some like gloss .. its up to you though

i dont see pics ... but, if you dont have them ...

you will need:

~ back tank and tank topper greeblie

~ elbow armor and greeblies

it looks like alot of work but you can make it proper again.

good luck keep us posted!

Thank you for your answer.

I have 1 upper arm armor, and I will get the second and tank by the weekend.

I have some white paste from my TK Commander build, so I was thinking of using that since it will be painted.

Just to see if I understand it correctly. Should I use some paste to even out the line on top of helmet and the line on the back?

What material would you recommend for the tank and arm greblies? 3d printed or resin?

• Like 1

Lots of good advice from 762. When you replace the belt you also want to replace the knees as well. Those are an older mold.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

good catch there ... i didnt even see the knees did not have the lines in them!

Thank you for your answer.

I have 1 upper arm armor, and I will get the second and tank by the weekend.

I have some white paste from my TK Commander build, so I was thinking of using that since it will be painted.

Just to see if I understand it correctly. Should I use some paste to even out the line on top of helmet and the line on the back?

What material would you recommend for the tank and arm greblies? 3d printed or resin?

your welcome!

and i looked over your pictures again ...

youll need the elbow and shoulder bell armor. not sure which 1 have ... there is 3 pieces of armor for each arm.

white paste will be fine since your repainting.

and yes, fill the gap on the top of the helmet and the vertical line at the back of the helmet.

for me .. i would get resin greeblies ... 3d requires abit of sanding/filling/sanding/filling/sanding/painting and with the details in the greeblies i wouldnt want to put that type effort into them.

and just a tip .. make a "backer" for the bigger holes(like the switch on the helmet) i would cut a small piece of abs ... sand it ... and glue it on the back side of the hole so, the sanded part is in the hole area .. then fill the hole.

Great. I'll play-doh the poop out of it. ðŸ˜

Regarding the missing parts, I'll have to order from SC the - shoulder, thermal detonator kit and resin greeblies. Damaged parts that I need to order is - visor, belt 5 boxes.

When I begin the build, I'll make a WIP. 😀

are there any "special black" for the soft parts?

the knees you have are just the old style ... line placement

the new style is like this.

http://studiocreatio...13_kit_knee.jpg

i dont think you will have an issue getting approval with what you have though!

as for the soft parts ... its personal preference ... some like to use different fabric types to offset all the black. like cummerbund and cod use same fabric and then the pouches are different fabric.

i see people use heavy cotton .. duck cloth .. canvas .. vinyl ect.

• Like 1
the knees you have are just the old style ... line placement

the new style is like this.

http://studiocreatio...13_kit_knee.jpg

i dont think you will have an issue getting approval with what you have though!

as for the soft parts ... its personal preference ... some like to use different fabric types to offset all the black. like cummerbund and cod use same fabric and then the pouches are different fabric.

i see people use heavy cotton .. duck cloth .. canvas .. vinyl ect.

So the knees I have, is the old ones used in the CRL? 😀

As far as fabrics goes, it can be different shades if black, as long as they are black?

What about the flight suit. Can it be any military flight suit, as long as I remove pockets and zippers per CRL? 😀

And thank you again for your help. 😉

• Like 1

As for the knees you can use either. It's a matter of preference and comfort for me as I'm a smaller scout. As for the flight suit most scouts use the Redkap and remove the pockets on the front and rear. Standard issue flight suits tend to have too many pockets and zippers requiring a significant amount of modification.

• Like 1

retrofire got you straight about the flight suit ...

ill add hit up chef, he makes some very nice soft parts. and is on your side of the world. ive seen all his work on scout soft parts first hand except for the boots. top notch stuff!

and yes, the fabric can be different shades of black but, i would keep the cummerbund and cod piece the same. change fabric on the pouches. and use different fabric on the vest - if you choose to use one -- its an optional part for shadow scout

• Like 3
retrofire got you straight about the flight suit ...

ill add hit up chef, he makes some very nice soft parts. and is on your side of the world. ive seen all his work on scout soft parts first hand except for the boots. top notch stuff!

and yes, the fabric can be different shades of black but, i would keep the cummerbund and cod piece the same. change fabric on the pouches. and use different fabric on the vest - if you choose to use one -- its an optional part for shadow scout

Great. I'll keep that in mind. 😀

Is it a hard job on the cummerbund and pouches if I haven't used a sewing machine in over 20 years? 😂

Great. I'll keep that in mind. 😀

Is it a hard job on the cummerbund and pouches if I haven't used a sewing machine in over 20 years? 😂

id say no its not hard to do either part ... i just picked up sewing to redo those pieces and having never sewn a thing in my life, it was pretty straight forward and easy.

Hi guys.

Need some help about some hard parts. Bought this studio creations from a guy here in Denmark.

I know that there's a lot of work for me, but I'm not sure what to do and where to begin. I know this, that the weird "picatini rails" and weird box on back needs to go.

Do I need a new visor for the helmet? Can I fill the holes in the parts with abs paste?

What about the color? Should I spray paint it gloss or matte?

Thanks in advance

TK 84013

c7055ed85d64b5499ae840696d4479cd.jpg5e4e27da8d684ccfca7ca6ba073b8352.jpg4d1da1a5a2c06ed574681edd49aa4d9b.jpgba097739b97a1985a234cbc3f943d262.jpg9ef164254552b21a2fb693ac88e7a000.jpg8e0ac9563f7f54d66f19550688ca8f10.jpg46adb13989f7d72780d44e6194b009f2.jpg2d7cbf70deb55959391925946906b273.jpg7da817dbbd60f2eac05e50444ab1fc4b.jpg4742607bdb624614baf0e3d69f9b3d36.jpg7a9045975e042dbb9dc6d2b37f5ee2ba.jpg901f57210d62a16432dcf13e59689ce8.jpg192dfc44545fbf37ceb56b1753e9bdd2.jpgc95eea5bbc81d0b13126ab69cc4e9dad.jpg86ad98628b909d9d5319d43f5001ce2e.jpg94e10e3a1f43f73a7eb39a4c57d0a512.jpg77df72b6d5bbfdc6d6e48f6e27c88223.jpgd2caf454844a3833b9ec5f7a08960305.jpg8239815567bcc0a9ddf3eb56be5b578a.jpg14cbf6dc9ab6e0ac7d8682d7ee20dd08.jpg

Well there is quiet some work to do, to get it approved.

Helmet:

1. the Helmet as a back joint, which is not correct.

2. Also the Visor and the Visor needs a rework

3. the edgebinding at the opening needs to be removed

4. als the switch on the side needs to be removed

5. the cable-binder on the center back bottom needs to be removed

6, check on the details and decals ...they need an update

Knees:

1. the holes in the lower center front needs to be removed

2. the holes at the sides below the slits are on the wrong position, the need to be above the slits

Under arm:

1. looks ok, even If the shape is not up to date

Uper arm:

I´m missing those

Shoulder bells:

I´m missing those also

Holster:

why do you have 2 holsters?!

Chest and Back Armor:

I´m sorry to tell you but the need to be replaced fully! I don´t know what they are from but they are not from a shadow scout

Belt:

the plastic needs to be one piece, any additional rivets need to be invisible/removed

THermal detonator:

fully missing

May I asked what you payed for that armor?! There is far to much to do on this armor for a 501st approval as a scout. May be you should think about selling this armor and get one iwhich is more accurate and less work.

Chest and Back Armor:

I´m sorry to tell you but the need to be replaced fully! I don´t know what they are from but they are not from a shadow scout

his armor looks like shadow scout armor to me .. except for all the rivets, the rails and backpack

actually, it looks just like my sc shadow scout armor :teehee:

• 1 month later...

Well there is quiet some work to do, to get it approved.

Helmet:

1. the Helmet as a back joint, which is not correct.

2. Also the Visor and the Visor needs a rework

3. the edgebinding at the opening needs to be removed

4. als the switch on the side needs to be removed

5. the cable-binder on the center back bottom needs to be removed

6, check on the details and decals ...they need an update

Knees:

1. the holes in the lower center front needs to be removed

2. the holes at the sides below the slits are on the wrong position, the need to be above the slits

Under arm:

1. looks ok, even If the shape is not up to date

Uper arm:

I´m missing those

Shoulder bells:

I´m missing those also

Holster:

why do you have 2 holsters?!

Chest and Back Armor:

Belt:

the plastic needs to be one piece, any additional rivets need to be invisible/removed

THermal detonator:

fully missing

May I asked what you payed for that armor?! There is far to much to do on this armor for a 501st approval as a scout. May be you should think about selling this armor and get one iwhich is more accurate and less work.

I've started a WIP/restoration tread about my armor.

Do you by any chance know, if the knees could be approved? I know it's an old cast, but as per CRL pictures they are exactly the same. 😀

I'm working on getting some of the missing parts from SC. (Belt 5 boxes, shoulders, visor, thermal detonator kit and greeblies)