Shadow Trooper Shoulder Straps

Hi all,

Sorry if this subject has been raised before; I was wondering and hoping is it possible for the Shadow trooper build to use the rubber shoulder straps like the Tie pilot instead of the plastic type, I have managed to break at least 4 straps in transit unpacking and packing the kit which on 2 occasions have also damaged/split the chest plate, the CRL doesn't mention what material it has to be made from :

Shoulder Straps for 501st Approval : These must be securely mounted in front and may free float at the back.

So after going back to double check this is at the very top of the CRL for Shadow Stormie which covers all armor parts so unfortunately the use of the rubber tie pilot is a no go.

Special Notes:

• The armor parts shall be gloss and made from one of these types of materials or like materials: Fiberglass, ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), or HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene).

So is the issue just your straps are breaking in transit or just in general?

• Like 1
So after going back to double check this is at the very top of the CRL for Shadow Stormie which covers all armor parts so unfortunately the use of the rubber tie pilot is a no go.

Special Notes:

• The armor parts shall be gloss and made from one of these types of materials or like materials: Fiberglass, ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), or HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene).

So is the issue just your straps are breaking in transit or just in general?

Thanks for the reply I've just checked the crl again and your correct I missed that bit lol 😂 yes just in transit even though I bubble wrap the armour it seem to break at the bend, best get myself off to the armoury for new straps 😀

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah that can be a royal pain. I have not traveled with armor like that so i am unsure of what i can give you for advice but maybe someone else who has a bit more knowledge might know of a trick or two. :D

• Like 1

When I put mine in my bin I put my helmet in a padded holder and then put the chest piece and back plate around that helmet as if to follow a contour of a body and make sure that the strap flows as if it is being worn over the back plate. I also have a pack of garage door sealer formed foam (padded looking stuff) that is in there to cushion some pieces and separate the blaster from crushing stuff.

Since it seems like even with bubble wrap it is getting damaged it doesn't look like the issue is the padding of the object itself but rather stuff shifting around and pressing into it. Filling the voids *should* help that.

• Like 2
When I put mine in my bin I put my helmet in a padded holder and then put the chest piece and back plate around that helmet as if to follow a contour of a body and make sure that the strap flows as if it is being worn over the back plate. I also have a pack of garage door sealer formed foam (padded looking stuff) that is in there to cushion some pieces and separate the blaster from crushing stuff.

Since it seems like even with bubble wrap it is getting damaged it doesn't look like the issue is the padding of the object itself but rather stuff shifting around and pressing into it. Filling the voids *should* help that.

I like that idea sounds like a good plan thank you, I've ordered replacement straps :)

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

• Like 1