The First shadow trooper????

Hi Guys,

I know before everyone starts there is controversy with SDS etc...... I have heard it all before. :rolleyes:

BUT,

I thought you might like to see a Shadow helmet I got from Andrew Ainsworth in about 2004. This to my knowledge is years before any shadow trooper existed in the real form. Way before GL, MR or any licensed TX was available for sale or before any ghetto former had made one.

When I met Andrew and bought one of his early TK lids we got chatting and he told me that he had made a TK lid in black just to see what it looked like. Well, a couple of weeks passed and I couldn't help but think that I had never seen another "Black" Trooper helmet before other than the original Newspaper stories that were written before the films release. SO...... I phoned AA and asked him if he would sell it???? He said yes! :banana:

It is featured on Jez's Starwarshelmets web site: http://www.starwarshelmets.com/sds_stormy.htm towards the bottom of the page.....

It originally didn't come with any decals and only had hero lenses..... I have changed the decals a couple of times over the years.....It's now in a box as my wife isn't the biggest SW fan and I have far too much on display..... She is however a very patient woman! :wub::kiss:

here are a few more pics.... :thanks:

DSCF1569.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

This to my knowledge is years before any shadow trooper existed in the real form. Way before GL, MR or any licensed TX was available for sale or before any ghetto former had made one.

Well, this detachment was founded summer of 2005 so it would be interesting to find out when the first official Blackhole was approved in the Legion... I wonder if they have that on record anywhere.

-iz

That's pretty cool if plain black is your thing. Here's a picture of the first ever Nova Elite bucket.

lol. Hey, that's sort of thread hijacking... I think. :teehee: You can also see that bucket in the forum backgrounds, after the paint job was touched up.

Back to the SDS helmet... I think there is a 5 member minimum for a Det to be formed and a period of time for the approval process, so it would stand to reason that we had a Blackhole trooper or two in 2004, if not earlier. Crimson Empire I think was being reprinted around 2003 and was probably the inspiration for the first couple. It would be cool to find out for sure.

-iz

I also hear tell, that there was a "black" suit & "red" suit pulled from color abs sometime back in the late 90's early 2000's at what I would guess would be around the birth or the infancy of the 501st here in Southern California. I have only heard this from the horse mouth & have don't know anyone who could back it up, but it wouldn't surprise me if different variety of TK have been made over the years on a strictly an individual fan level. Without help from LFL or SDS, & without general knowledge of its existence within the community,

I also hear tell, that there was a "black" suit & "red" suit pulled from color abs sometime back in the late 90's early 2000's at what I would guess would be around the birth or the infancy of the 501st here in Southern California. I have only heard this from the horse mouth & have don't know anyone who could back it up, but it wouldn't surprise me if different variety of TK have been made over the years on a strictly an individual fan level. Without help from LFL or SDS, & without general knowledge of its existence within the community,

Just got the word from the guy who I bought the two fixer-upper Magmas from. He bought the red kits around March 2000... Still need to find an early member who wore black.

-iz