Greido's Death Trooper WIP

BH 41983 (Greedo) here, finally embarking on a DT build. This will likely be a long time in the making, but one I've finally realized i need to do, as R1 remains my fav Star Wars film.

Starting with the bucket from 850 Armor Works. Anyone get one of them or heard good/bad things? I don't wanna drop the cash on a dud.

Armor will be from Armory Shop.

Any advice on bucket to start would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Hey greido. Welcome onboard. I personally like the look of the 850 helmet. Saw a pic posted the other day with the colour scheme. They have done the vents and front greeblies in black rather than silvery like most makers do.

A few of us have armour from Armoryshop. Are u getting raw print of painted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys! Those look great so i appreciate the added confidence in my feeling comfortable buying it.

I'm buying their fully painted, finished helmet. All I'll have to add is the padding inside. Everything else will be done for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up my gloves from Endor Finders yesterday. They fit PERFECTLY.

Also bought a toy TK. Not part of the crl but how could I resist!bcf3000588cc16fceeb001dae9b3cfc2.jpg992ed8f5260dfea663573e2803db5e4d.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Ordered my bucket from 850 Armor Works! It should arrive in the next 10 business days or so (shipping to Canada).

Pretty excited, though - I've seen nothing but good reviews about their DT buckets.

dt1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got the bucket today! With a little bit of padding, it'll fit perfectly. Thanks to 850 Armor Works! Ordering my armor next week, also from 850.

Ordered shoes from Imperial Boots before their monthly window closed.

Will be ordering my undersuit from Armoryshop next week, too.

This is going much faster than I had originally thought it would!

dtt.jpg

On 7/16/2018 at 3:02 PM, Darth Bombadil said:

Is there a reason if at all why you chose the 850 bucket over say the ArmoryShop bucket? 

Yes, it was a conscious decision because I'm getting the 850 Armor Works armor as well, so I wanted the look of the outfit to be completely consistent.

Update on progress:

Bucket: 850 Armor Works - received
Undersuit: ArmoryShop - ordered (went with them as they looked like they had the best material, and the velcro being on the suit is a huge plus)
Armor: 850 Armor Works fully-built armor - ordered
Gloves: Endor Finders - received
Shoes: Imperial Boots - ordered

The fully-built armor should arrive by mid-September. I'm hoping to have this done shortly after. Aiming to be cleared to troop for our local ComicCon in October. Fingers crossed...

• 4 weeks later...

Under Suit from ArmoryShop has arrived! Legs are a tad short but it might not matter when the armor is on. Will wait and see. Might add stirrups to them to pull them down, if they can be hidden.

Armor from 850 is the last piece of the puzzle...should arrive fully-finished in a couple of weeks!

20180822_115514-01.jpg

On 6/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, Greido said:

Ordered my bucket from 850 Armor Works! It should arrive in the next 10 business days or so (shipping to Canada).

Pretty excited, though - I've seen nothing but good reviews about their DT buckets.

dt1.jpg

I tried to order a bucket from 850 just a couple of days ago. They said they don’t do buckets. ? So I ordered a raw bucket from  Armoryshop. That’s a nice looking bucket. ?

On 8/25/2018 at 1:27 PM, wook1138 said:

I tried to order a bucket from 850 just a couple of days ago. They said they don’t do buckets. ? So I ordered a raw bucket from  Armoryshop. That’s a nice looking bucket. ?

Wow! I know at the time they did a run of them, maybe they've stopped? It's definitely where mine came from, haha.

ArmoryShop has great stuff too though - from everywhere I've seen online, you'll love their bucket, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo my fully-finished 850 Armor Works armor arrived yesterday!....without the thighs lol.

I emailed them and they responded that they're shipping them separately.

However I had to try on the outfit, and I might have got parts of it on wrong (I will be properly fitting it this weekend)....but dang, this armor feels GOOD!

dt.jpg

• 1 month later...