qc_sw_cosplay Del Meeko build

Hello fellow spec ops members,

If you dont know me already my name is Quentin and im a recruit from the Connecticut Legion and I am putting together a Del Meeko Inferno squad build.

Just making this topic a thread for a update and show of the pieces I have gotten for my build. So far I have only received my shoulder ammo pouch in the mail and I know as boring as that might be to start this thread Id figured I just post about it now verses waiting another week or two. Also am happy to point out that these were from trooper bay and was surprised to see the stitching was already black!

Also I had hoped my Helmet would have been here after 4 months of having ordered it but sadly it has not yet arrived, gonna have to contact seller again. To add to the list of items im waiting to come in are my boots that I got from Sovietboots.com. Cant wait to see them but was wondering if anyone had experience buying items from them and if I must contact the US customs office to see if I gotta pay extra tax for an international item? I did pay a flat rate of $30 so im hoping that covers customs if thats the case. Otherwise im gonna continue making more purchases throughout the next few months for more parts and we will see how far I get by the end of summer. Plan is to be done by Winter this year.

Below are two photos front and back of the shoulder ammo pouch, sorry if they look grainy seems like phone photos take a turn for the worse on laptop, anyone have any ideas as to how I give the pouches more of a filled look? Or do I need to find some sort of light ammo cartridge thats the same size to give it that true look?

Have a great day, Quentin post-5126-0-41046100-1524448339_thumb.jpg post-5126-0-03927100-1524448349_thumb.jpg

Who are you guys using for the helmet/ armor?

There a Facebook group for the inferno squad that may have some options for you all. I got my stuff within a month for the vetted providerS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you I have the ammo pouch and the chest rig. I've been waiting almost a year for my bucket.

Im supposed to be getting mine this month but if I were you I would either as for your money back or figure out whats going on. That is not goof that you're waiting a year

Who are you guys using for the helmet/ armor?

There a Facebook group for the inferno squad that may have some options for you all. I got my stuff within a month for the vetted providerS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using Jawachopshop on Facebook for the helmet as he has the option of buying the helmet kit or completed and not for a bad price, as for armor im also using him but waiting till I have funds to order the armor. In terms of jumpsuit and other necessary pieces im using Jim Tripon on Facebook who sells a lot of inferno pieces and I've heard his shipping time is amazing. Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

post-5126-0-74501200-1525886220_thumb.jpg

Finally another piece of my costume arrived today! Got the Jack boots from Sovietboots.com and they look great and fit really well. They also are the right height with them being almost to my knee. Once I get the jumpsuit I will take a picture with them on as I dont have anything proper to wear with these that wont look silly lol.

Still waiting on the helmet and supposedly its shipping out soon but soon with this seller could mean another two weeks.. :wallbash:. Once I get the helmet I will share multiple picture of all the sides and interior.

Q.

• 2 months later...

IT HAS FINALLY ARRIVED! 

As of today, after 7 and a half months of waiting for my inferno squad helmet, it has arrived and im so happy. Looks pretty good and cant wait to put padding on the inside so it doesn't fall over my neck.

I did look at the lens/visor and realized like many others who get their helmet new that it was a thin plastic lens that isnt entirely held down so i do wanna take those out and replace them with something nice. Also the  wire mesh on the mouth area will also need add on mesh as you can see through it and skin shows. 

Otherwise its here and if anyone can help me with tips and tools to finish off the bits mentioned then that would be great! Here is a pic below! 

inferno 1.jpg