Trooper harness, extra pouches

I happen to have a few Alice pouches sitting around for a costume I never made would those be acceptable for extra pouches on the belt? And is there any justification for a Y harness... I happen to have one for the costume

that never was and I was just wondering. I happen to have an old canteen as well... any identifying marks are pretty much worn off.

Currently the CRL says H harness so i dont think the Y harness would work, but the Extra pouches i think would be ok. currently the CRL for the Army Trooper states " Any additional OD Green MOLLE style pouches are encouraged to fill out the belt, but are not required." I personally grabbed a couple grenade pouches and a single Mag pouch to add to my costume. I was thinking a couple thermal detonators would be a nice touch.

A canteen would be a nice addition, but I haven't seen one depicted in any of the Dark Horse comic illustrations yet.

I wonder if a canteen could be an option like the armor... Imps nee to stay hydrated too.

I`d say no to the ALICE gear . With the MOLLE gear your maintaining a relatively cohesive design with the pouches . I added a ALICE First Aid pouch to my belt and it just looks off when compared to the other pouches . Also since ALICE gear is stamped US in the front it kind throws of the look of the pouches but that is my opinion .

As for the canteen although it doesn't show up in the comics i don`t see any issue of having a canteen and MOLLE pouch on the belt when trooping as its a practical accessory . As a reenactor myself the field gear reminds me of my Vietnam M1956 .

I`d say no to the ALICE gear . With the MOLLE gear your maintaining a relatively cohesive design with the pouches . Also since ALICE gear is stamped US in the front it kind throws of the look of the pouches but that is my opinion .

As for the canteen although it doesn't show up in the comics i don`t see any issue of having a canteen and MOLLE pouch on the belt when trooping as its a practical accessory .

Got some pouches lined up, guess I'll play it by ear and see how loaded down I get, can always buy more.

On some of the pouches the U.S. stamp has worn off but in the interest of uniformity. Least the canteen will still be useful.