Black/Gray Paint Codes

This is probably a stupid question (or series of questions), but what Testors paints is everyone using for the gray and the black? I was wondering if gray is the same for the buttons as the teeth  and the same as the gray used with the ANH stormtroopers? I have both enamel flat black 1149TT and enamel gloss black 1147TT, but not sure if those blacks are good for the vocoder and chest buttons.?

Actually after doing some research I think the gray and black are the same as the regular stormtrooper from the looks of it which would be the following:

Black: Humbrol 21 (black gloss enamel) or Testors 1747 / FS17938 (gloss black enamel)

Gray: Humbrol 5 (dark admiral grey enamel) or Testors 1138 (gray)

Took me 2 days to figure this out haha ?

• 1 year later...

One less question I'll need to ask about. Luckily I still have my paints from my TK. What about the red?

On 7/26/2019 at 2:03 AM, Rat said:

One less question I'll need to ask about. Luckily I still have my paints from my TK. What about the red?

I haven't done the red yet on mine but the Humbrol 1321 (red clear) looks to be the closest. May also be closer to a red-orange than just red, I'll have to see.

I'm going to try and and pick up some and test it on some old rivets.

• Like 1
On 7/27/2019 at 8:12 PM, IcyTrooper said:

I haven't done the red yet on mine but the Humbrol 1321 (red clear) looks to be the closest. May also be closer to a red-orange than just red, I'll have to see.

I'm going to try and and pick up some and test it on some old rivets.

Do you know if there might be a Testors/Model Masters equivalent?

5 hours ago, Rat said:

Do you know if there might be a Testors/Model Masters equivalent?

I'd say probably for Testors the 1113TT Sunburst Gloss because it has a slight orange tint to it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I'd say probably for Testors the 1113TT Sunburst Gloss because it has a slight orange tint to it.

Thank you good sir.

• Like 1