Former scout

Hello all, tb 21210 here.

Ive had my scout for going on 5 years now, and im starting to lose interest im trooping in it.my question is, would i be better off buying a shadow scout kit or could i paint my current kit?

Edit

Added a picture of current kit.. I believe its from TLJ premier. Would i use the same type of undersuit or would a flight suit be adequate?

normal_DSCF8246_0.JPG

Awesome! I really want to change up my costume without spending a bunch of money. This seems like it would be the most effective thing to do.

Is there a particular paint that i need to use?

Also for the boots..is there a good donor boot style i need to look for? Would combat boots work?

Is there another shadow scout out there that would be willing to email me..and help me through the process?

Look me up on FB (David Sihombing)…though I do (highly) suggest posting a forum build thread here to get input from the many scout builders here.  Maybe in that thread post up some pics of where your kit stands now?

Particular paint…not necessarily…initially did a satin spray paint (Krylon plastic something or other…which I've heard is discontinued).  Lately, I just had an auto body paint job done w/ satin clear coat.  Mmmmmmm.

36 minutes ago, Raider said:

Look me up on FB (David Sihombing)…though I do (highly) suggest posting a forum build thread here to get input from the many scout builders here.  Maybe in that thread post up some pics of where your kit stands now?

Particular paint…not necessarily…initially did a satin spray paint (Krylon plastic something or other…which I've heard is discontinued).  Lately, I just had an auto body paint job done w/ satin clear coat.  Mmmmmmm.

So more of a satin sheen then a gloss? I guess the pictures ive seen appear to be more on thr glossy side. Are all the greeblies blacked out as well? Sorry i know the crl probably explains alot but thought you guya could give more clarity.

Off topic.. How many shadow scouts are there?

I added a picture of my current kit.. 

So more of a satin sheen then a gloss? I guess the pictures ive seen appear to be more on thr glossy side. Are all the greeblies blacked out as well? Sorry i know the crl probably explains alot but thought you guya could give more clarity.

Off topic.. How many shadow scouts are there?
I added a picture of my current kit.. 

The current crl model is a gloss...but the current crl allows for semi-gloss (which some interpret that sheen as satin). Since the sheens technically are different the specific semantics will be something we address in a very-near crl update proposal (among other things). Cant see your pic on my phone but I’ll check it out. You can see some of satin spray paint here:

http://forum.specops501st.com/index.php?/topic/3888-raider-kill-count-78/

The last couple posts on this thread have the new autobody paint job.

There are 70-80 Shadow Scouts (at least according to the last census I believe).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 7/24/2018 at 9:13 AM, Bootstrap said:

Wow..that satin sheen looks fantastic.

Do the boots have the same sole as TB boots?

THANKS!

Same sole…in regards to the cuts you mean?  Yes…well…mine is a tad older so the cuts don't mimic the latest latest update the TB went through (in the front)…but essentially yes…same as TB simply black.

Greeblies are unpainted…black resin parts.  Everything else is painted (including rivets) and then decals (I used gloss to to contrast the satin) applied.  Only exception to the paint…is the chest indentation.  That was taped off and left gloss to contrast as well.  The kit was originally black gloss.

42 minutes ago, Raider said:

Greeblies are unpainted…black resin parts.  Everything else is painted (including rivets) and then decals (I used gloss to to contrast the satin) applied.  Only exception to the paint…is the chest indentation.  That was taped off and left gloss to contrast as well.  The kit was originally black gloss.

Even the snout? What about stickers on tank and helmet?

Snout greeblie? Mine is not painted. Nor the tank topper or biceps.

Whichever paint sheen you choose, decals look best when contrasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/25/2018 at 8:49 PM, Bootstrap said:

My snout greeblie is a dark grey.. Should it be black?

Also due to age, im going to need to get a new jumpsuit... Any recommendations?

Not sure of the current scout jumpsuit makers these days.  Mine is from Chef…but he's from the UK.  @furiosa who makes jumpsuits in the US that you know?

As far as the snout, yes that would be painted solid black then.