FS: Small Super Powerful Voice Amplifier/Speaker (10watt model, 12watt model, and Wireless headset mics

Updated 1/14/11: Still taking orders. I have been in the process of moving and have not updated the thread in a while. No worries i am still in business...

NEW!!! PTT cable are now professionally manufactured and less expensive!!!

Quick Guide (For the quick reader)

MR1506 voice amp, 10watts, 3.7"x2.8"x1.1", $47+S/H, Black, 1008 sold, 111 in stock

MR1508 voice amp, 10watts, 3.8"x3.3"x1.6", $45+S/H, White, 91 sold, 29 in stock

MR1505 voice amp, 12watts, 4.1"x3.3x1.4", $56+S/H, Black, 363 sold, 62 in stock

MR2200 voice amp, 16watts, 3.9”x3.6”x1.8” , $62 + S/H, Black, 158 sold, 22 in stock

Memorex Wireless Headset Mic, Trn:3.5"x2.4"0.8", Rec: 4.6"x3.1"x1.1", $25+S/H, Black, 378 sold, 39 in stock, I found a new supplier! They are in good shape and less expensive! So I dropped the price from $27 to $25

Push To Talk (PTT) Cables, $22 including shipping, 203 sold, 107 in stock

Finally a powerful voice amplifier that will fit into your armor without modification!

It's small enough to fit in armor (3.75" x 2.81" x 1.08"), more powerful than other amps (10 watts), has built in rechargeable batteries, and it is affordable ($47)!!!

MR1506 10watt model

1106200255_549.jpg

Since joining the legion with my new TK costume I have been looking for a loud voice amp that I could fit or modify into my armor. I have bought and tried a Newton voice amp, SEA Smalltalk voice amp, Mini Radio Shack sound amp, and the Radio Shack voice amp. The sound system that I use is a Hyperdyne voice changer card along with a Memorex wireless headset microphone. I also use a RomFX with a MR1506 and one of my PTT cables.(See my for sale link on the wireless if you are interested http://www.501stforu...6881&highlight=)

My first attempt to modify the newton in to my armor failed after the first troop. Not only did it not fit well, somehow I fried it despite all the protection I put around it. Then I tried the mini radio shack sound amp. The sound was very distorted at maximum and the feedback was horrible. Then I could barely be heard when at a level that there was no distortion or feedback. This amp is not designed for voice amplification. I use that amp for blaster sound now. Next, I tried the SEA Smalltalk amp. I had to rewire so I could use my wireless headset. The volume was just too quiet and my voice was so distorted that it was difficult to understand. I use that amp now for my kids jawa sounds.

So I went back to using my old radio shack voice amp. I clip it on my belt because I am afraid to mess up another amp by modding it into my armor. I hate having it on my belt! So I kept looking for a voice amplifier that was small and powerful. I finally found one!

The model is an AKER and it is made in China. I have worked with many Chinese suppliers in the past with my job and have even visited China on business. The Chinese make some great innovative products and they can make things much cheaper than other countries because of the low labor costs. Most of our American products are made in China these days. We just don't notice it because we are used to our old brand names. Every amp I own has a made in china stamp on it, even the Radio Shack models. So I thought, why not go straight to a Chinese supplier and find what I really want.

I found the perfect amp so I bought a couple to try them out. They rock! I use one for my voice and the other I hook up to a MP3 player to play trooper chatter. Naturally I wanted to share these amps with my brother and sisters in the Legion so I started negotiating with the Chinese Sales Manager. After many emails and compromises I cut a deal to buy 60 units and a very good price. I have to keep selling a lot of these units to be able to buy more at the listed price so I do not think these units will always be $47.

My nephew and I discovered a really cool feature with this amplifier that really makes it more valuable. As mentioned in the features, the amplifier has a microphone port and a separate mp3/input port. Here is the discovery; both ports will work at the same time! You can play the imperial march and trooper chatter with a MP3 player connected to the MP3 port (cable included) AND you can talk with the microphone connected to the microphone port. Your voice and the MP3 sound will play through the amplifier at the same time. I use two of these amps, one for MP3and one for my voice. Now I will only need one Amp to do both at the same time!

I have pictures of the amp below in comparison with other amps that I own. There is a comparison chart below for the different voice amps that I have used or have seen for sale. I have also included a YouTube video of the amp working as trooper chatter and with my own voice. It really does have the best clarity and sound that I have heard in a voice amplifier.

On to the details….

Model: MR1506

Peak Power output: 10 Watts

Color: Black

Dimensions: 3.75" x 2.81" x 1.08" (90mm x 70mm x 27mm)

Frequency response: 100hz ± 13db1khz ± 1db

Weight (w/ Batteries): 0.41 lbs (190 g)

Voltage : 7.5v

Current consumption: 150mA

Speaker Sensitivity: 53 dBV/A +- 3 dB

Power Source: Built-in Lithium Rechargeable batteries

Battery Life: 8-12 hours, 4 hour recharge, 2-3 year life (replacements available)

Also included: Headset microphone, Charger cable (US plug), MP3 cable (male to male 3.5mm), MP3 line in port, Microphone line in port, Removable belt clip, adjustable waist band, Carry bag.

RECOMMENDED USE: This amp is best used when fitting inside of armor. It is the smallest thinnest amp available. These are also the most popular voice amp that I sell

Model: MR1508, Aker Voice Amplifier

Peak Power output: 10 Watts

Color: White

Dimensions: 3.86" x 3.35" x 1.57" (98mm x 85mm x 40mm)

Weight (w/ Batteries): 0.65 lbs (295 g)

Battery Life: 8-12 hours, 4 hour recharge, 2-3 year life (replacements available)

Also included: Headset microphone, Charger cable (US plug), MP3 cable (male to male 3.5mm), MP3 line in port, Microphone line in port, Removable belt clip, adjustable waist band, Carry bag.

RECOMMENDED USE: This amp is best used on the belt of the white TK or TD. It is a little too thick fit inside armor. It is a perfect fit on a TK belt (see pictures below) and is very loud because it is not inside any armor.

Model: MR1505, Aker Voice Amplifier

Peak Power output: 12 Watts

Dimensions: 4.13" x 3.31" x 1.38" (105mm x 84mm x 35mm)

Weight (w/ Batteries): 0.92 lbs (420 g)

Battery Life: 10-15 hours, 6 hour recharge, 2-3 year life (replacements available)

RECOMMENDED USE: This amp is best used with costumes that have pouches, pockets, capes, robes, etc. This amp is a little too thick to fit inside armor but it can be done. This amp is noticeably louder and worth the extra money if you can find the room for it.

Model: MR2200, Aker Voice Amplifier

Peak Power output: 16 Watts

Dimensions: 3.86” x 3.62” x1.85” (98mm x 92mm x 47mm)

Weight (w/ Batteries): 0.67 lbs (305 g)

Battery Life: 10-15 hours, 6 hour recharge, 2-3 year life (replacements available)

RECOMMENDED USE: This amp is best used with costumes that have pouches, pockets, capes, robes, etc. This amp is too thick to fit inside armor. This amp is noticeably louder than the 10 watt and 12 watt amps and worth the extra money if you can find the room for it.

MEMOREX WIRELESS HEADSET MICROPHONE

Model MKA382

*NEW in opened package, Note, these units are no longer made by memorex so they are hard to come by. The boxes have been shucksting on shelves for a while and been handled by a few stores. So the boxes will be a little beat up. However, each unit has been taken out and tested and then placed back in the packaging.

*Uni-Directional wireless microphone headset with built-in on/standby/off switch

*VHF microphone receiver

Accessories

*User manual & warranty card

*Wireless microphone headset with belt clip transmitter requires 9-volt battery (battery not included)batteries (batteries not included)

*VHF microphone receiver requires 9-volt battery (battery not included)

*Includes receiver patch cord and AC adapter

*I have added a 3 foot 3.5mm male to male cable with the kit

Unit Dimensions (WDH)

*Receiver (armor): 4.6” x 3.1” x 1.06”

*Transmitter (helmet): 3.50” x 2.37”x 0.82”

RECOMMENDED USE: This wireless kit is great for eliminating the cord that connects your microphone in your bucket/head to your voice amp in your armor or on your body. There is a diagram in the pictures below that shows how to connect the system.

For more information on my Memorex Wireless Headsets go to this sales thread: http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic...&highlight=

Push To Talk (PTT) Cables

• 6 foot male to male 3.5mm cable

• 42 inch cable with micro momentary push button connected to 6 foot cable.

• Female to Female 3.5mm adapter

• As with all my gear the cable comes ready to use.

• I used to make these by hand but now I have them professional made by a cable

manufacturer. They are more expensive but I don't have to spend 30 minutes a piece making them. So, I am able to lower the price by $3 (12%) to $22.

<!--coloro:#008000--><!--/coloro-->RECOMMENDED USE:

Option A: Using a PTT with an Aker Voice amp (see wiring diagram).

Option B: Using a PTT with an Aker Voice amp and Memorex Wireless Headset Mic

Option C: Using a PTT with a MP3 player for sound effects (The T21 option).

More details are further below in the sales threads or see this link:

http://www.501stforu...6881&highlight=

Prices:

Aker MR1506 10watt voice amp (black): $47 (This amp fits the best inside of armor)

Aker MR1508 10watt voice amp (white): $45 (This amp looks best on a TK or TD belt)

Aker MR1505 12watt voice amp(black): $56 (This amp works best outside of armor)

Aker MR2200 16watt voice amp(black): $62 (This amp works best outside of armor)

Memorex Wireless Headset Microphone: $25

Push To Talk (PTT) Cables: $22 {Price drop}(includes shipping cost to US. add $3 for international)

Shipping:

USA: $8 for the first item, $4 for each additional item.

Canada: $11 for the first item, $5 for each additional item.

International First Class (no tracking & no insurance): $20 for the first item, $10 for each additional item. NOTE! If you do not buy the tracking and insurance option then it is your risk on a lost shipment. I will provide proof of shipment but that is all I can do.

International Priority (with tracking & insurance): $30 for the first item, $10 for each additional item.

NOTE !!! PTT CABLE: Shipping is included in $25 price and can be combined to any order for no additional shipping cost.

Contact me for special request or bulk orders. I do provide discounts for bulk garrison orders.

My pay-pal address is:FamilyJim72@yahoo.com

I almost always ship out the day after payment is received via USPS priority mail (inside the US) which takes 2-3 business days. My goal is to have the fastest ship in the legion ( .5 past lightspeed....)

If you contact me to place an order, PLEASE EMAIL ME. My email has no mailbox limit! Please give me your name, Forum ID, Email address, and what items you want to order. Also put that same information in the pay-pal notes.

Please email me directly with questions

Possible uses:

• Voice amplifier

• MP3 Speaker for trooper sounds or other music (I have mine set-up to play the imperial march)

• MP3 Speaker for other characters (Jawa, Tusken, Droids, etc…)

• Blaster sound effects

• Droid sound effects

Possible location for armor mounting (See pictures):

• Front chest

• Back chest

• Crotch

• Inside holster

• Under armpit a few inches down

• On the belt

• In a ammo pouch

Here is a comparison of the different amps that I have bought or have seen for sale. (Bear with me on the charts, I'm a Engineer…)

VoiceAmpComparrisons46-11-10.jpg

Here is a video of me using the MR1506 10watt amp playing trooper chatter, then the Imperial March, and finally my own voice. (If someone is interested in my trooper chatter sound files just PM me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQkS0BopVBc

Here is what the MR1506 10watt model comes with (US Dollar shown for scale only. It is not included!):

Back of MR1506 10watt model with and without Strap and belt clip on:

Side, Top, and Front view of MR1506 10watt model:

MR1506combined36-11-10-1.jpg

Here are some pictures I took of the MR1506 10watt model for some size comparisons.

{TOP LEFT} Old Radio Shack 6Watt voice amp –Side View

{TOP RIGHT} New Radio shack 2Watt sound amp-Side View (this unit is not made for voice amplification so it will give you a lot of feedback)

{MIDDLE ROW} SEA SmallTalk Amp 2Watt sound amp –Front and Side View (this unit come prewired with a mic. If you want to use a different mic or use for a sound speaker then you need to rewire):

{BOTTOM ROW} Newton 6 voice amp. Photos courtesy of Crashmann.

MR1506comparisons1.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Aker MR1508 10watt voice amplifier (White):

1508Combinedpictures.jpg

Here are some pictures of the MR1506 & MR1508 10watt model placed in various locations in my armor. Some troopers just hang the amp around their neck with the waist strap and just put on their armor over the top.

Front Chest armor, Back Armor, Side Armor

combinedpictures15061508onarmor.jpg

Here are some pictures of the

MR1505combined1.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Aker MR2200 16watt voice amplifier:

MR2200combinedpictures.jpg

Here are some pictures of the all of the Aker amps I have available (MR1506 10w, MR1508 10w, MR1505 12w, MR2200 16w):

combinedpicturesallakervoiceamps.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Memorex Wireless Headset Microphone:

Wirelessheadsetcombined-2.jpg

Here are some pictures and wiring diagrams of the Push To Talk (PTT) Cable

PTTCablescombinedpictures.jpg

Youtube video of the Push To Talk (PTT) Cable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuXQdypf6AE

Sale, Paid, and Shipping List MR1506 10 watt (Black):

Hey, where did the order list go? With all I have going on right now i just can't keep up with updating the list. Also, because I ship out the day after payment is received via USPS priority mail the gear is usually in your hands before I get around to updating the list. If you have a question on your your order delivery or if you do not receive an automated tracking number email or response from me within 24 hours of payment please contact me with . I will respond as quickly as I can.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

you seek the iComm/Aker setup. Contact Jim at FamilyJim72@yahoo.com.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...