ABS vs Fiber glass vs 3D printed

So, looking to purchase my armor this week.  I wanted opinions on ABS, Fiber Glass, and 3D printer kits.  Pros and cons.  I have seen, studied, and read about the various kits, but narrowing down which one is most accurate is hard to tell.

3D printed and Fiberglass are usually the most accurate because both these methods allow hard edges and details.  ABS vacuum formed has soft details because of how the plastic is pulled over the mold.  All of the corners are rounded   

Fiberglass is the most durable followed by ABS vaccuum formed.  3D printed can crack easily and how strong it is depends a lot on the skill and settings of the person who setup the print.  

It also depends on where the kit is coming from in terms of accuracy. Tom’s files are the most accurate to date. My kit is 3D printed (my bucket Anovos), I have reinforced the armour with Fibreglass in certain areas, have trooped it over 40 times without serious incident. It is strong enough for me to run, sit and well... troop. 

In terms of weight, because I didn’t fiber the whole kit, it is still very light.

So pros:

lightweight, accurate, durable (if you build it right)

Draw backs:

lots of sanding and prep work, smaller items can break (but easily fixed). Regular spruce ups are required on the paint job. Do not underestimate the level of effort and cost of this build. You will get called Darth Vader

Good luck with the build!

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:25 AM, nanotek said:

It also depends on where the kit is coming from in terms of accuracy. Tom’s files are the most accurate to date. My kit is 3D printed (my bucket Anovos), I have reinforced the armour with Fibreglass in certain areas, have trooped it over 40 times without serious incident. It is strong enough for me to run, sit and well... troop. 

In terms of weight, because I didn’t fiber the whole kit, it is still very light.

So pros:

lightweight, accurate, durable (if you build it right)

Draw backs:

lots of sanding and prep work, smaller items can break (but easily fixed). Regular spruce ups are required on the paint job. Do not underestimate the level of effort and cost of this build. You will get called Darth Vader

Good luck with the build!

Hi bro, do you know where can we download(or buy) Tom's file?