Helmet questions

Hi guys quick question I have put together my first lid. Made some mistakes and learned quite a bit, anyway I am to the painting and am having trouble with the ears. THe CRL says they can be gloss black or flat black I believe. I have seen some gray like the normal TK can someone shed some light on the confusion in color.

Thanks hopefully I can post some pics for eval.

Hi guys quick question I have put together my first lid. Made some mistakes and learned quite a bit, anyway I am to the painting and am having trouble with the ears. THe CRL says they can be gloss black or flat black I believe. I have seen some gray like the normal TK can someone shed some light on the confusion in color.

Thanks hopefully I can post some pics for eval.

I believe that the controls did allow at one time for grey ear bumps (similar to the TK). I believe the costume controls have been updated and this is no longer the standard for newer costumes.

This is a picture of Izzi's helmets (from left to right GT/FX, eFX, CAP-W Stunt)

DSCF1813.jpg

The control says, as you've correctly written that "The body of the ear caps must be either gloss black or flat black", so I'd stick with that.

Izzi will probably be around tomorrow and he'll be able to give you the exact details regarding his lid.

OOhh... Helmets! My favorite subject!

At one time gray was allowed on the buckets, however all of the really solid pics we have of both comics, figures, and statues/busts all are black.

The Shadows of Mindor cover MAY have gray but it could just be the lighting. I would play it safe and keep the the ears black. We have a new LMO coming and I'm unsure what is going to happen with EU requirements.

-iz