DT Helmet LEDs

Hello everyone,

My name is Ryan and I'm currently a TK from the New England Garrison. I'm getting itchy to build another costume so I'm going with the deathtrooper. I ordered a MK3 deathtrooper helmet from Armoryshop and Denis told me that their MK4 helmet is in the works so I'll be getting the MK4 instead. I've heard of people using EL Green Panels for the front of the helmet so I was wondering if anyone did any work with those. I haven't seen pictures so I'm curious how different they look. I was wondering if anyone could tell me or lead me in the right direction on how to work with LEDs/panels for the helmet. Thank you!

Funny - I just tested some new panels I got today with my WIP MK3 helmet.  I bought both white and green panels to test.  I was hoping to get them fitted behind the green lens.  I'll post some pics in my build thread.  First impressions are that they are not very bright (I ordered a more powerful driver after my first test) and the ones I bought have a little tab where the power supply attaches to the panel - makes it hard to get the light fitted nicely.  I had to bend the tab a lot - which can make the light not work.  I've already had to repair one panel with some CA glue.  I'd be curious as well to see how others have these panels installed.

• Like 1

Hey. I have EL panels fitted. I went for green panels behind light green acrylic. Is plenty bright enough and gives a much nicer light dispersal than an LED which ends up with an off centre spot. Yea I did have to bend the connection quite a bit to fit it in but is still working fine. Only issue is in some pictures the light appears blue instead of green. Might get some white panels to sit behind the green acrylic cc5b9a2be82d3bdb8f8a22990fe0c584.jpgcc5b9a2be82d3bdb8f8a22990fe0c584.jpg2c2bd827159aa333ed964fd337f9b8a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

On 11/14/2018 at 6:22 PM, Woodo007 said:

Hey. I have EL panels fitted. I went for green panels behind light green acrylic. Is plenty bright enough and gives a much nicer light dispersal than an LED which ends up with an off centre spot. Yea I did have to bend the connection quite a bit to fit it in but is still working fine. Only issue is in some pictures the light appears blue instead of green. Might get some white panels to sit behind the green acrylic cc5b9a2be82d3bdb8f8a22990fe0c584.jpgcc5b9a2be82d3bdb8f8a22990fe0c584.jpg2c2bd827159aa333ed964fd337f9b8a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks great! Do you know where you ordered your panels and LED? Also do you have any suggestions on a good way to setup the lights? (Switches/resistors or just hook it up to a battery?)