First test fitting

Hey guys, I'm new to armor building, but I am an approved Del Meeko.  I was able to acquire a set of FX Shadow Trooper armor and an Anovos helmet.  I trimmed a lot of the parts including the forearms, biceps, thighs and shins.  I know I still need some adjustment.  I'm having a hard time getting the thighs to fit correctly, as FX thighs sit straight up and down instead of becoming narrower toward the knee.  Any advice?

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

The only was I could see it getting narrower would be to split it and taper it off from what'd I'd say. If that won't work I'd shorten it at the top and follow along the curves until it is a little further off your knee. I'd honestly go with the second option I'd say just gradually taking a bit at a time. It honestly doesn't look bad, just a little on the long side.

44 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

The only was I could see it getting narrower would be to split it and taper it off from what'd I'd say. If that won't work I'd shorten it at the top and follow along the curves until it is a little further off your knee. I'd honestly go with the second option I'd say just gradually taking a bit at a time. It honestly doesn't look bad, just a little on the long side.

I've been a little hesitant to take more off than needed.  Parts rub against each other and get caught on each other and I'm not sure if that's just a reality of what we do or I'm doing something wrong.  Either way, I took off about a half inch and adjusted the button snaps holding the thighs up to maybe adjust where they sit according to your advice.  

Screenshot_20190210-001019.jpg

I'd definitely say that is sitting a bit better, you may want to curve on the insides a little bit just so that they aren't rubbing up against the cod piece so much. Here are a few pics to try and explain it:

You can see it more on the white TK but you can somewhat see the curve around the cod piece on my shadow:

46131158535_09178d55bc_c.jpg

Here it is with me (with pauldron) and a buddy:

32103150417_158e5d7552_c.jpg

One of me that you may be able to see as well:

32103150697_c7fe55212f_c.jpg

Either way don't need to take off any more from top or bottom from what I see, since you have been able to move it up and bring it higher up so the pieces are above the knees.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I'd definitely say that is sitting a bit better, you may want to curve on the insides a little bit just so that they aren't rubbing up against the cod piece so much. Here are a few pics to try and explain it:

You can see it more on the white TK but you can somewhat see the curve around the cod piece on my shadow:

46131158535_09178d55bc_c.jpg

Here it is with me (with pauldron) and a buddy:

32103150417_158e5d7552_c.jpg

One of me that you may be able to see as well:

32103150697_c7fe55212f_c.jpg

Either way don't need to take off any more from top or bottom from what I see, since you have been able to move it up and bring it higher up so the pieces are above the knees.

So all I really should be taking off is the material near the cod piece? 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As an update, I picked up new thighs because I wasn't really happy with the FX thighs, and I think I cut them too short.  I also adjusted my shoulder bells to sit closer to my shoulder straps.  I think I'm all good to go to take pics for approval

Screenshot_20190221-015101.jpg

• 2 months later...