Coinshark's Shadow Trooper Build

Hi all! I'm in the northern darkness garrison area and have started  the process of becoming a member there. Wanted to start my WIP thread and get feedback as I go along with this. I got an ATA black Helmet kit. However, this weekend I started doing a happytrooper.com DLT-19 based build. Because I like big rifles ;)  So, right now that will be the main focus until I can muster up more to get the armor and all other required accessories. I have a scale model to use as reference too!

Xry4j6J.jpg?1

Dp0mcbY.jpg?1

K0DYHjd.jpg?1

Cyk3cO8.jpg?1

Honestly, I think I'm going to change the barrel. After looking at the model and comparing it to the tutorial on happytrooper, to me, it is lacking some details.

Helmet progressing. Want to switch to silver lenses instead of the green. Still need to paint the lines in the traps etc. and paint the ear buttons. I used drywall sanding mesh to help block out light in the teeth. Also, sewed some padding together but, that turned out to be a bad idea as the heat built up very quickly. I'll probably go with closed cell instead and just buttons.

X8FmJOF.jpg

37qrFR3.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice and great job on the helmet! Definitely don't want cloth in there as you found out. Some nice fans will really move the air around for you too.

I've narrowed down my armor choices to AP and CFO, unless ATA comes back with a price. They are similarly priced. Is there anything that should sway me one way or the other? I am about 6'2" and 180 so, slightly tall and relatively slim. 

I just received in my replacement kit from ATA. So far no problem. But not finished with kit. 

I am from Bloodfin Garrison and know a lot of the Shadowtroopers up there. Be sure to lean on them for help and if need contact info shoot me a PM. 

10 minutes ago, Scottdm62 said:

I just received in my replacement kit from ATA. So far no problem. But not finished with kit. 

I am from Bloodfin Garrison and know a lot of the Shadowtroopers up there. Be sure to lean on them for help and if need contact info shoot me a PM. 

The last I talked with ATA, he was having a hard time finding black abs suppliers for the plastic.

• Sad 1
  • 2 months later...
On 5/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, Coinshark said:

Well I smashed the kit out in 4 days and got approved yesterday. I'm told that finishing it that fast was insane.

TX-81290 reporting in :)

4 days is pretty beastly lol.

• Like 2
On 5/18/2019 at 8:02 PM, Raider said:

4 days is pretty beastly lol.

Yeah it was a long nighted 4 days on top of my regular job. I have a reputation in my Garrison already.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 8:13 AM, cartersachse2103 said:

Which armor supplier did you end up going with?

I used Walt aka WTF. They had the best lead time at the time. I am super happy with his quality too. They also ran a special promotion to get a percentage off at the time so it worked out great for time and cost.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cartersachse2103 said:

Did the Walts kit have any pull lines from the mold? not really cut-out lines but something that gave a general idea of the size the armor should be cut at? My anovos kit had that and it was super helpful

Yeah there were a few lines on it, at least with my Magma kit.

On 6/4/2019 at 2:35 PM, cartersachse2103 said:

Did the Walts kit have any pull lines from the mold? not really cut-out lines but something that gave a general idea of the size the armor should be cut at? My anovos kit had that and it was super helpful

They are there, not as defined as anovos but enough to give you an idea. Everything depends on your body and how you fit it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 1:23 PM, Coinshark said:

They are there, not as defined as anovos but enough to give you an idea. Everything depends on your body and how you fit it.

great job on your build!  im also working on a WTF shadowtrooper kit at the moment...how long did it take you to finish the bucket?  I'm having issues aligning/curving the ears right...might have Walt send me another pair...actually random question, did you use both pairs of your ears?