new caboots in gloss black

Ugh, maybe it would be better if we could convince TKboots to do a TX boot for us. And jodhpur boots are still WAY less expensive. Besides, it looks like these have decorative stitching on the top, and I thought that wasn't allowed. Oh well, maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong.

I'll stick with the black jodhpur boots because I can save almost $100.00.

Ugh, maybe it would be better if we could convince TKboots to do a TX boot for us. And jodhpur boots are still WAY less expensive. Besides, it looks like these have decorative stitching on the top, and I thought that wasn't allowed. Oh well, maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong.

I'll stick with the black jodhpur boots because I can save almost $100.00.

Ive talked with TK boots in person. The volume of boots he would have to order, to be able to get black would as he put it would "Have me selling boot for the next 15 years to unload them all" :whistling:

However it was less expensive to pull together my "black TK boots" than it was for my plain old TK boots.... It can be done on the cheap for the pennywise TX :geek:

But its true, I dont have that glossy finish of CA boot. The leather buffs out well enough anyhow. <_<

Ive talked with TK boots in person. The volume of boots he would have to order, to be able to get black would as he put it would "Have me selling boot for the next 15 years to unload them all" :whistling:

However it was less expensive to pull together my "black TK boots" than it was for my plain old TK boots.... It can be done on the cheap for the pennywise TX :geek:

But its true, I dont have that glossy finish of CA boot. The leather buffs out well enough anyhow. <_<

The glossy finish of the CA boot is due to the use of patent leather. Patent leather CANNOT be polished, and if you scuff it up, it is ruined. Trust me, I've worn a lot of patent leather shoes in my time (mostly mary jane style shoes growing up) and one scuff and the shoes are ruined. I wouldn't pay $169.00 for a pair of boots that are going to be trooped in. I'm worried about where the shins meet the leather and any pinching or scuffing that can occur which would ruin the boots.

I'm not saying people shouldn't purchase these if they want, just wanting them to know all aspects of buying them. Sorry TKboots can't make them in black. Would be a great fix.

There's stitching... and there's "decorative" stitching. Decorative stitching has a lot of excess fancy patterns etc. It's sort of a fine line. These look like they would be fine.

Those red ones are really tempting for the Magma...

-iz

wow doubt they have my size thou lol and i wear out shoes inside 6 months any way i just stick to my old 30 bucks specails non steel cap and spend 3 days with polish and buffing and spit and shining and then adding 6 to 15 coats of shoe lacquer ever month or 2 days before a troop to make them shine even my panzer jack boots get that treatment and i still havent got to ear them with anything costume wise yet lol

Wolf

There's stitching... and there's "decorative" stitching. Decorative stitching has a lot of excess fancy patterns etc. It's sort of a fine line. These look like they would be fine.

Those red ones are really tempting for the Magma...

-iz

i have an older set ... back when they were cutome made only --and even then were a only a set at a time if they would do it . size 13

i got them second hand

but as far as stitching those are exactly the same as mine . loops are all black on those though... not mine .. i cut off my front loops also ..to reduce shin ride up .. but they

look good . and bet the soles are better than mine .. i dont march in mine there only for dress ocassions :)

i wouldntmind getting a second set though .. but $$$ pricy i dont think theses were that much new ??:woot:

Valter Santos just had an issue with Caboots not sending his order and then refusing to refund him saying they already did. A few angry emails and facebook posts from Legion members got the problem corrected for him (which is awesome!) , I'd be leery of dealing with them now.

Frak! I just painted a pair of white TKboots red for my magma! I used red enamel. It looks good but i don't know if they will hold up...

Although, for $169 I think I can make my painted boots work.