Hello,

I've been reading the CRL's for both standard and Shadow scouts, and have a question about flight suits. I am a big guy, one-piece flight suits and I just don't get along. So, I'll be opting for a two-piece set (planning on black bdu's). The question is; The Biker Scout CRL does not include the requirement for a one-piece flight suit, on level 2 approval, yet the Shadow does. What is the reason for the difference? 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, fenrir_kyramud said:

Hello,

I've been reading the CRL's for both standard and Shadow scouts, and have a question about flight suits. I am a big guy, one-piece flight suits and I just don't get along. So, I'll be opting for a two-piece set (planning on black bdu's). The question is; The Biker Scout CRL does not include the requirement for a one-piece flight suit, on level 2 approval, yet the Shadow does. What is the reason for the difference? 

The short answer (and I want to preface this because it's text typed...no negative or sarcastic tone implied) is that this is a different detachment and requirements do not necessarily have to match.  Our references are based primarily on a Star Wars Galaxies video game character.  The TB and TX CRLs were basically aligned...however, Pathfinders did an update last year, and we had no input on their CRL changes (as is expected...we don't have to align w/ one another) and so that's no longer the case...that's an additional reason to any other differences you may find (and there are plenty as of present).

That said, I did mention earlier that an update is incoming.  You can read it here:

https://forum.specops501st.com/index.php?/topic/6057-proposed-crl-update-shadow-scout-not-yet-active/

This is, for the most part, how the update will read.  We have gone back in the staff area and made some minor adjustments, but the core of it is there and if you check the flight suit text, the Level 2 flight suit requirement is being adjusted.

Hope this helps.  If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Raider said:

The short answer (and I want to preface this because it's text typed...no negative or sarcastic tone implied) is that this is a different detachment and requirements do not necessarily have to match.  Our references are based primarily on a Star Wars Galaxies video game character.  The TB and TX CRLs were basically aligned...however, Pathfinders did an update last year, and we had no input on their CRL changes (as is expected...we don't have to align w/ one another) and so that's no longer the case...that's an additional reason to any other differences you may find (and there are plenty as of present).

That said, I did mention earlier that an update is incoming.  You can read it here:

https://forum.specops501st.com/index.php?/topic/6057-proposed-crl-update-shadow-scout-not-yet-active/

This is, for the most part, how the update will read.  We have gone back in the staff area and made some minor adjustments, but the core of it is there and if you check the flight suit text, the Level 2 flight suit requirement is being adjusted.

Hope this helps.  If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you, this does help. Can't wait for the updates to be official. Still printing all of my armor, but need to start working on my soft parts soon

• Like 2