Shadow Scout Boots

Guess the first question here; What type of boot make the best base for a Shadow Scout? 

I've read tutorials on modifying Biker Scout boots and Shadow boots look to be the same. Plus, I know a few Biker Scouts who could help with construction. But, is vinyl the only acceptable material? I'm fairly competent with leather and if possible would like to use it instead. 

You should be good to attempt real leather boots. The process to create Shadow boots is the same. Just use black lol. Ive never used leather...not sure of how well it stretches compared to the vinyl.

As far as base boot, a few troopers in my area (including myself) did our own using some Kmart boots that cost $20 or less if u can catch a sale.  The issue is...Kmarts are closing all over the place.  With marine vinyl, we finished them for around $40 total.

I know other people have used Walmart Wrangler brand as well.

E01C44F8-E1C4-4E79-965C-3BF97354B8A7.jpeg

642A6AFF-866A-4949-AA6A-D465A9DAC74F.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey there,

Imperial Boots will be starting to offer shadow scout boots starting in may. I only have my boots/gloves to order but figured I would wait until they come out to make it a bit easier on myself. 

11 hours ago, Raider said:

You should be good to attempt real leather boots. The process to create Shadow boots is the same. Just use black lol. Ive never used leather...not sure of how well it stretches compared to the vinyl.

As far as base boot, a few troopers in my area (including myself) did our own using some Kmart boots that cost $20 or less if u can catch a sale.  The issue is...Kmarts are closing all over the place.  With marine vinyl, we finished them for around $40 total.

11 hours ago, Raider said:

Ok, so a black construction or hiking type of boot, with a black sole is best. Thank you. 

Yea those look like they should work.  I like how those don't have the metal bits at the top that mine have (which I had to remove/flatten).  If you're going for a Level 2 approval, pretty much any boot is going to require sole modification with the cuts.  Where'd you order those from?

On 4/30/2019 at 7:55 PM, Raider said:

Yea those look like they should work.  I like how those don't have the metal bits at the top that mine have (which I had to remove/flatten).  If you're going for a Level 2 approval, pretty much any boot is going to require sole modification with the cuts.  Where'd you order those from?

These are always in stock at Walmart. While I avoid Walmart like the plague, I knew they'd have cheap boots. 

• Haha 1

One thing I can suggest is that when you're carving the boots, don't go too nuts with the depth if you don't want to. I've had a pair of Sierra Sneakers in the past and the depth of those cuts is only 1/16".  ;)

• Like 1
On 5/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, Dart said:

One thing I can suggest is that when you're carving the boots, don't go too nuts with the depth if you don't want to. I've had a pair of Sierra Sneakers in the past and the depth of those cuts is only 1/16".  ;)

Cool, thank you. 

• Like 1