First Order Mountain Trooper (Disney Park Black Series Exclusive)

Going to take the plunge build a first order mountain trooper. It is basically part death trooper, part shoretrooper part first order trooper.

I know spec ops has developed CRLs from comics figures and other non screen related references so hoping I'll find the most support here. Going to try to write the CRL and do as much ground work as I can to make it so someone accepts this into the legion

KB Has a run going for the armor and helmet and I'm working with Geeky Pink on soft goods.

64497091_648430768902456_8864824670881316864_n.jpg

64653389_648430948902438_5804607940736319488_n.jpg

64781936_648430935569106_3775772201647603712_n.jpg

65025988_648430942235772_6923134591322554368_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly I have kinda wish it was coming here instead just because I don't like dealing with them and I'm probably gonna be only Mountain Trooper now that everyone is in love with the Sith Trooper.

Oh well pretend to be nice I suppose

10 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

Sadly I have kinda wish it was coming here instead just because I don't like dealing with them and I'm probably gonna be only Mountain Trooper now that everyone is in love with the Sith Trooper.

Oh well pretend to be nice I suppose

Yea based on the build components it seems as if this one would go the way of the Shoretrooper.  Your still more than welcome to do a WIP here if ud like as well.

If they decide or tell you they dont want it, let us know.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Since no one seems to want to place claim to this trooper, if it is ok I will be starting my WIP here. Per the LMO no detachment has made a claim for the mountain trooper and my GML just told me to remain humble and open to criticism while developing. So assuming that means no wants it based on limited resources.

Fingers crossed spec ops would want a special trooper like myself lol. My kit is all boxed up by KB and I'm just waiting for the bucket to get casted by Jsin.

Boots have come in, I'm using the white hoover tank pilot boots from Gio. When figures from tanker and mountain are put side by side it's clear they are the same standard Chelsea style boots with heel.

Need to find someone to help develop the belt with pouches and kama. If anyone knows of a good soft good belt/ kama wizard please hit me up

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Since no one seems to want to place claim to this trooper, if it is ok I will be starting my WIP here. Per the LMO no detachment has made a claim for the mountain trooper and my GML just told me to remain humble and open to criticism while developing. So assuming that means no wants it based on limited resources.

Fingers crossed spec ops would want a special trooper like myself lol. My kit is all boxed up by KB and I'm just waiting for the bucket to get casted by Jsin.

Boots have come in, I'm using the white hoover tank pilot boots from Gio. When figures from tanker and mountain are put side by side it's clear they are the same standard Chelsea style boots with heel.

Need to find someone to help develop the belt with pouches and kama. If anyone knows of a good soft good belt/ kama wizard please hit me up

Absolutely you may start it here and we will take it if none will.  I assumed Pathfinders would want it, but I am guessing right now the limited reference material gave them pause?

Do you know if any comic references or box art exist that we can pull from?

Feel free to start drafting the CRL as well and post when you have something you'd like us to examine.  THANKS!!!

All I know is my GML said he reached out and no one had put any claim on it.

There is box art on the figure itself but varies slightly from the actual figure. (Difference in forearms, and the art has a pouch) May just be one version has a kama and the other is a grunt like the shores. Nothing from comics or tv shows yet, but fingers crossed. Won't show up in movie.

May still show up in park but this all I know: Disney or Florida Garrison was supposed to be ordering kits from KB and Jsin. In his words "i'm already in talks with WDW, for the opening, still not sure, they want to see a completed suit, we are the CRL we are the one's making it"

So hence why I bought from Jsin and KB. Hoping to work out the finer details, make the Mouse go wow and hopefully they'll have the trooper in park on special occasions or maybe for opening of new ride. 

47979296792_82c0fae4ac_o.jpg

Mountain_trooper.png

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

All I know is my GML said he reached out and no one had put any claim on it.

There is box art on the figure itself but varies slightly from the actual figure. (Difference in forearms, and the art has a pouch) May just be one version has a kama and the other is a grunt like the shores. Nothing from comics or tv shows yet, but fingers crossed. Won't show up in movie.

May still show up in park but this all I know: Disney or Florida Garrison was supposed to be ordering kits from KB and Jsin. In his words "i'm already in talks with WDW, for the opening, still not sure, they want to see a completed suit, we are the CRL we are the one's making it"

So hence why I bought from Jsin and KB. Hoping to work out the finer details, make the Mouse go wow and hopefully they'll have the trooper in park on special occasions or maybe for opening of new ride. 

Got it.  Spec Ops does have a history of working on more obscure characters for sure...and one such as this has been done before...

BUT...

The CRL creation process has definitely evolved since then (Magma Trooper...more recently the First Order Elite).  I will need to have some discussions w/ the LMOs to see how this should go in the current CRL "climate".

We have had character CRLs pulled for lack of references (Inferno Squad Seyn Marana) and some have their creation put on hold indefinitely (Captain Cardinal) for the same reasons.

So with that in mind, I would in a sense second your GML...be patient on this and open-minded to the possibility that we may not have enough just yet to push forward on this fully.  I hope we can.  I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

@heartstopper85 I initiated discussions today w/ LMOs to verify where this can be placed and if the reference material is sufficient to pursue.  Personally...I think you should be allowed to proceed as I am aware of several CRLs (recent ones included...not just Spec Ops characters) that were built around similar amounts of reference material (aka not much).

I would say that this is more in line w/ the First Order Elite or Magma Troopers...CRLs based mostly on action figs/statues and box art.   Unlike Seyn Marana who was pulled because we had no front shot of her AND no action figure of her to support it.

Let's see what they say.

I also included Mickey over at Pathfinders because I'd like this to be a team decision on placement...we don't want to replicate the Shoretrooper experience.  Will update you when I have official word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome to hear, I just got ahold of Darkside Closet yesterday and had a good conversation about the soft goods.

I've noticed in my research that if you compare black series figures of the Hoover Tank Pilots Shoretrooper and AC ACT drivers you find a lot of similar items that give great clues towards thing like colors patterns textures etc. A lot of these things have already been written on CRLs and should just need carried over.

Armor should be here by end of week I hope and I'll start grinding away.

But yeah I'm at point where I'm going to do my best to make it as accurate as possible based on the references I have and worse comes to worse I'll be the only mountain trooper at Celebration 2020.

5 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

Question, is the blaster something I'll have to do to add to the CRL if I'm the only one making this costume, I know it normally listed under optional so wasn't sure if it needed to be created just to be under optional

If it were being hosted here, I would want it as optional and would want it added.  In my opinion, the CRL model should be the epitome of what the costume should look like.

I got word back from Mickey at Pathfinders...they are indeed going to lay claim to this CRL (as I think they should have from the start).  He filled me in on convos over there.  Essentially, while the CRL can be drafted using the references available, he (and the CRL team he says he assembled for this one) wants to hold off on actually publishing the CRL until it is absolutely known that Disney is not producing these costumes as in-park characters.  His reasoning...if they do drop as in-park characters, he wants to build the CRL around the details of that costume, not the action figure...as action figures often have discrepancies based not on the actual character but available molds (sometimes borrowed incorrectly) at the time.  The LMOs (once they read our thread discussion on the main legion boards), should be aware of this as well.

I agree with this approach 100%.

So...all that to say...as I mentioned above, I have no desire to see this go the way of the Shoretrooper where detachments, which should be working together, end up at each other's throats over a CRL.  As this does mimic the Shoretrooper itself, and as Pathfinders has told me they will be laying a claim to this...I am going to have to refer you back to them to work this CRL w/ that team.  It may not be the news you were hoping to hear, but it is in my opinion the best course of action.

Wait for confirmation that other references will not arise.  Draft the CRL in the process...but as I said...you will need to do that over at Pathfinders.  Sorry for all of the back and forth...I'm glad to have the air clear and to be on the same page w/ all involved parties.  If you have any questions, let me know or hit up Mickey.  Thanks!!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

That dude is so hard headed. I don't get how he can't understand that Disney contracted Jsin and KB to built the armor and that hasn't happened and won't happen.

Oh well chalk this up to another kit that will never happen in the 501st

I think thats overstating it and drawing conclusions that were never said.  No one has said it will never happen...aside from your statement here.  In everything I said (based off of my convos w/ Mickey) no one has blocked the CRL.  It will have a chance to happen if you pursue it...it just seems like that wont happen in the timeline you prefer.

As I have gathered in my talks w/ him, it is simply waiting to be 100% certain.  You are certain BUT he as DL needs to be certain as well as any missteps will be on his shoulders.  I get why he is cautious.  Even here with Spec Ops, we take our time on these things and make sure an accurate CRL is created rather than a fast one. This is why the Mudtrooper was published well AFTER Solo was released (and thankfully so as many details were missed from the first items that showed)....this is why the same will likely happen w/ the Sith Trooper and Jet Troopers.  We want to get it as right as we can the first time.

Now...he has had convos w/ sources (maybe the same as yours) as well and said he would speak w/ them again to get an update for you at which point maybe more info will arise where you can build the CRL based off of the figure and box art...but they will lay claim to it regardless and I do not support detachment in-fighting over a CRL.  Thats not good for members...its not good “racing” to publish a CRL (that leads to mistakes)...and its not good for detachment relations.

I hope you can understand that position.  I do hope that you get this added to the Legion.  I would encourage you to remain persistent but patient.