Sithtrooper Thermal Detonator - Draft CRL Development Discussion

The thermal detonator is divided into two distinct parts, the thermal detonator itself and the armour it is attached to; the mounting plate

Thermal Detonator

• The outer cylinder is finished in a high gloss deep red that matches the colors of the entire costume
  • The internal cylinder  is satin black and ribbed
  • The right hand end cap has a chamfered recess that extend inwards to a small circular recess on the inside of the cap
  • The left hand end cap extends from the detonator assembly and there is a small channel that runs the circumference
  • There are no visible seams
  • Is postioned just above the belt
  • Is mounted on the lower section of the mounting plate

Thermal detonator mounting plate

• Finished in a high gloss deep red that matches the colors of the entire costume
  • Sits under the cuirass
  • The belt overlaps the lower section of the plate
  • The mounting plate is a long trapezoidal shape, divided into 4 sections by recessed lines
  • The top and lower trapezoidal shapes are slightly raised outward and have a smooth surface
  • the bottom trapezoid is separated by a channel that runs around the perimeter
  • The recessed lines run parallel to the edges of the top trapezoid section
  • The recessed lines start from the outer edge and terminate in the perimiter channel of the bottom trapezoid

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• The left and right panels of the thermal detonator mounting plate have 36 recessed lines each
  • The satin black, ribbed, internal cylinder on the Thermal Detonator has 36 ribs
  •  

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 11.02.52 am.png

i-Ht7J2Qh-X4.jpg

dQRhhfp.jpg

IrtZ0WN.jpg

• 5 months later...

Thermal Detonator

• Finished in a high gloss deep red that matches the colors of the entire costume
  • The control panel is black.
  • the right hand cap has a recessed detail around the circumference
  • The left hand end cap extends from the detonator assembly
  • There should be no visible seams.

Mounting Plate

• Should sit beneath the back plate and above the belt
  • The mounting plate is a long trapezoidal shape, divided into 4 sections by recessed lines.  The thermal detonator is mounted on the wider end of the plate
  • The right and left sections are have ribbed details, running from the outside edge to the left and right faces of the bottom trapezoid.  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, JoeShoe said:

Thermal Detonator

• The control panel is black.
  • the right hand cap has a recessed detail around the circumference
  • The left hand end cap extends from the detonator assembly
  • There should be no visible seams.

Mounting Plate

• Should sit beneath the back plate and above the belt
  • The mounting plate is a long trapezoidal shape, divided into 4 sections by recessed lines.  The thermal detonator is mounted on the wider end of the plate
  • The right and left sections are have ribbed details, running from the outside edge to the left and right faces of the bottom trapezoid.  

Thanks for the contribution, I have extended or added where possible.

• 5 months later...

I can't find a good shot of that right side end cap...and I only took notice because "chamfered" wasn't a word I was familiar with lol.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:41 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Looks good.

Unfortunately I don't have a good screen reference of the right side of the TD, I have seen the standee, floor trooper and display troopers all look the same though.

VgjFjxV.jpg

Got it...yea it's not like a gradual concave slope from what I see (like a scout trooper TD) but more angled and sharper (chamfered lol).  I'm good then.

• 2 weeks later...