I'm looking at maybe getting the red FO TK boots from IB now since they are only open once a month, and then paint them to be glossy. It looks like this may have been done for the screen used boots, as there looks to be a line of very slight color difference where the leather and the rubber sole meet. The gloss also kind of looks like a rubber coating to me. What do you all think? And what would you use to achieve that look?

I think the boots were made out of red patent leather, if they were painted, there would be crease lines. Just my opinion based upon seeing a lot of other leather boots that were painted.

• Like 1
On 8/19/2019 at 2:12 PM, Chaos said:

I think the boots were made out of red patent leather, if they were painted, there would be crease lines. Just my opinion based upon seeing a lot of other leather boots that were painted.

There are paints that are made for leather boots that won't crease, so it is possible to paint (though the effect probably wouldn't look like the screen used boots). But I wonder if it's a rubber coating, maybe? It looks kind of like a rubber coating to me with the way the the light hits the boots. Is there something on the market like that?