Sith Trooper Red

I have seen a lot of people throwing out what color they think the armor should be. I know that the armor was cast in the color for the screen used costumes. 

What we need is someone to do is take some paint samples and try and hold them up to the screen used suits if they show up in public again.

Personally, I think that since the Shoretrooper's paints were Montana Gold brand, that maybe the MG "Fire Red" is almost spot on, but as with anything, the lighting can change tints. 

• Like 2

In some lighting, the ab section and the chest and arms seem like two slightly but distinctly different shades of red. They're close in most pictures, but in the right light the midsection looks to have a bit more orange to it IMO. So whether they were painted or tinted in casting, I'd say the hard and flexible bits were colored in different ways

sith-trooper-sdcc-2019-full-armor-sm.jpg

sith-trooper-sdcc-tall-a-1024x576.jpg

Red's always a funny color depending on light and shading, I'm sticking with base red at this stage, I've been looking for any type of red rubber or silicon to match for belt and "poncho" can find quite a lot premade in china but matching that will be difficult. At the end of the day it comes down to what prop makers can use to replicate the look, well at least for basic approval anyway.

FD7S28A.jpg0QQVV3X.jpgmShzX1C.jpgJpbJkmk.png

• Like 1
On 9/2/2019 at 1:04 PM, bdh1138 said:

In some lighting, the ab section and the chest and arms seem like two slightly but distinctly different shades of red. They're close in most pictures, but in the right light the midsection looks to have a bit more orange to it IMO. So whether they were painted or tinted in casting, I'd say the hard and flexible bits were colored in different ways

It is entirely possible that there might be slight differences in shades of red between different sections. It could also be lighting. It could also be unintentional due to manufacturing process. We have seen countless arguments about colour variations (notably Vader and Death Trooper) and we might just consider for Level 1 purposes that the entire look and feel of the costume is a gloss red. 

The only variation I can see in the pics is the abdomen is a slightly more orange-red. I cannot see the variation in the arms. And again it could be lighting sources. I'm open to the possibility, is anyone else?

12 hours ago, nanotek said:

It is entirely possible that there might be slight differences in shades of red between different sections. It could also be lighting. It could also be unintentional due to manufacturing process. We have seen countless arguments about colour variations (notably Vader and Death Trooper) and we might just consider for Level 1 purposes that the entire look and feel of the costume is a gloss red. 

The only variation I can see in the pics is the abdomen is a slightly more orange-red. I cannot see the variation in the arms. And again it could be lighting sources. I'm open to the possibility, is anyone else?

Since I bought almost all the Montana Fire Red I could find, I'm sure there is a shortage now... LOL I suggest the color is "Montana Gold Fire Red" ?   By the way I'm selling them at $23.63 a  can ????

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.dickblick.com/products/montana-gold-acrylic-professional-spray-paints/ 6.99 a can here; interested to see some samples. On my screen it looks orange for F 3000

But my colors on my screen may be different

If someone is willing I'd sample ketchup G3040 and shock red S3000

The shock red should be pretty pure; I'm looking for a red for my mountain trooper shoulder bell as well so was hoping to see some experimenting from the siths. I may also be doing this bucket and maybe the sith jumptrooper down road so may see me chime in here and there

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just to let you know, long story short, I know a guy who supplies the paint for the movies who knows one of the heads of the prop department personally. He’s asked as a favour for the Ral or colour code of the pigment used on the costumes, which he found out last week. 
He is currently making the paint for my armour so when I go next week to collect it, I’ll post it up here to try to get some continuity for guys building the kit. 
Bear in mind it’s a match for the rubber in the kit so it should look very similar when painted. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone tried out the Rustoleum Regal Red? I saw where some people were using that for the Praetorian and Royal guards so I went with that first on my Jet Bucket. The pic below is just two coats of it. Plan to put a couple more then polish with 5000 before I add the clear gloss.

5887CC2D-3640-41F8-8269-5244B5B6E1AD.jpeg

On 12/11/2019 at 7:07 PM, Lee_C_77 said:

Hi

Just to let you know, long story short, I know a guy who supplies the paint for the movies who knows one of the heads of the prop department personally. He’s asked as a favour for the Ral or colour code of the pigment used on the costumes, which he found out last week. 
He is currently making the paint for my armour so when I go next week to collect it, I’ll post it up here to try to get some continuity for guys building the kit. 
Bear in mind it’s a match for the rubber in the kit so it should look very similar when painted. 

@Lee_C_77 any updates on this? What was the color code?

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/19/2023 at 12:46 PM, ForTheOrder18 said:

I know this is an old thread but I used Ace brand Banner Red. When I met with Samantha(played a Sith Trooper in TROS) she said that it was a really close match. But alas who really knows cause lighting and memory is a thing lol

And the fact that red is notorious for being appearing different on screens and cameras. 😆

On 1/20/2023 at 12:17 PM, IcyTrooper said:

And the fact that red is notorious for being appearing different on screens and cameras. 😆

So true. I bought around 10 different shades of red just to test out a stupid little scrap piece to try and guess the best one. Such a dang headache. But if there is ever a group of sith troopers out of the 10 or something of us then it’ll be a good 50 shades of red photo lol

• Haha 2