RS shadow trooper to BF

Hey Mason, I'm not sure if there are any here who have done it but there are some more differences then it appears:

• Tube stripes on helmet are blue.
  • Vocoder (chin) is silver, as you pointed out.
  • Hand plates are more square with rounded edges.
  • Chest has that white imperial cog/logo on the left breast.
  • Chest has a black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip around all edges.
  • Back plate has a black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip around all edges.
  • Abdomen armor's button detail/plate is inverted (as opposed to the other shadow stormtrooper).
  • Abdomen armor/cod piece has a black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip around all edges.
  • Kidney & posterior armor is fused together as one piece (if it isn't already) and has a black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip around all edges.
  • Belt canvas is 2 to 2.5" wide instead of the 3 to 3.5" wide of the regular shadow stormtrooper.
  • Drop boxes are longer/skinnier than the regular shadow stormtrooper.

It isn't anything really hard by any means. That U shaped gasket around the edges is just automotive 3M door seal. The only interesting part is redoing the belt to the narrower canvas, getting drop boxes that are longer/skinnier that matches the plastic of RS, and fusing the kidney and posterior armor parts.

• Like 1
On 11/19/2019 at 12:03 AM, IcyTrooper said:

Hey Mason, I'm not sure if there are any here who have done it but there are some more differences then it appears:

• Tube stripes on helmet are blue.
  • Vocoder (chin) is silver, as you pointed out.
  • Hand plates are more square with rounded edges.
  • Chest has that white imperial cog/logo on the left breast.
  • Chest has a black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip around all edges.
  • Back plate has a black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip around all edges.
  • Abdomen armor's button detail/plate is inverted (as opposed to the other shadow stormtrooper).
  • Abdomen armor/cod piece has a black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip around all edges.
  • Kidney & posterior armor is fused together as one piece (if it isn't already) and has a black flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip around all edges.
  • Belt canvas is 2 to 2.5" wide instead of the 3 to 3.5" wide of the regular shadow stormtrooper.
  • Drop boxes are longer/skinnier than the regular shadow stormtrooper.

It isn't anything really hard by any means. That U shaped gasket around the edges is just automotive 3M door seal. The only interesting part is redoing the belt to the narrower canvas, getting drop boxes that are longer/skinnier that matches the plastic of RS, and fusing the kidney and posterior armor parts.

Wow that is a lot more than I thought. I never have build a kit before as I ordered my costume from rs but I may order another and try to set it up as a BF shadow.

Thanks for the response 

15 hours ago, ImperialLoyalty342 said:

Wow that is a lot more than I thought. I never have build a kit before as I ordered my costume from rs but I may order another and try to set it up as a BF shadow.

Thanks for the response 

You may find it would be much, much easier to buy a Return of the Jedi TK kit from Troopermaster or CFO than converting an entire kit.  The Battlefront troopers are ROTJ kits and the BF Shadowtrooper is essentially a black ROTJ with a few changes to minor parts. I'm nearly positive CFO does black ROTJ TK kits from time to time.

• Like 1
On 11/20/2019 at 6:24 PM, ImperialLoyalty342 said:

Thanks for the response 

You're welcome! If you get a build thread going then we can definitely help!

11 hours ago, Devolver said:

You may find it would be much, much easier to buy a Return of the Jedi TK kit from Troopermaster or CFO than converting an entire kit.  The Battlefront troopers are ROTJ kits and the BF Shadowtrooper is essentially a black ROTJ with a few changes to minor parts. I'm nearly positive CFO does black ROTJ TK kits from time to time.

Yeah I know that some kits actually come with the kidney and butt plate already fused. There is one Battlefront that allows for both ROTJ or ANH for basic and that is the Magma Trooper with MEPD. They did it to help with inclusion for people who had all kinds of different kits. For L2 you definitely have to have ROTJ style there though.

They all look good! ?

• Like 1