Shadowtrooper binoculars

Greetings SpecOps brothers....

what do you think about my self made binoculars?

Should i sand the surface or leave it like that, i think it looks kinda more used if  i leave it like it is.

greetings Sebastian

td2.3.1uej5n.jpg

td2.3.2m4j6a.jpg

td2.3.3syjkj.jpg

td2.3.446jjv.jpg

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ImperialLoyalty342 said:

Looks good! Do you have a thread of the making of it? I’m interested how.. i would also vote to sand it down

Nah sorry, i just got the printed parts from a vendor. Sanded the front parts and painted it black. The lenses are cut out of clear plastic i had at home, then put some red reflecting foil on the inside of the eye parts. I get my new dremel next week, i think ill work on it next weekend again. Thnx for the replies bros, really apreciateted.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Halycon said:

Nah sorry, i just got the printed parts from a vendor. Sanded the front parts and painted it black. The lenses are cut out of clear plastic i had at home, then put some red reflecting foil on the inside of the eye parts. I get my new dremel next week, i think ill work on it next weekend again. Thnx for the replies bros, really apreciateted.

When you're done, post up the finished results. I really want to see it!

• Like 2

Here we go with an update. After sanding and new painting i used a hairdryer on the wet color on top, to give it a kind of a worn and chipped look.

I probably use some silver and rust color mix  when its completely dried on that parts, to make it look like a real in the field binocular.... stay tuned!

img_0960k6k63.jpg

img_0961lbjij.jpg

img_0962mljbw.jpg

• Like 3

And i changed the color of the lenses from red to blue, with a more realistic look...

blueslenssckge.jpg

and here the paint works for the used look... thats it for today, now dry baby :D

wae2bvkt1.jpg

wea1xdjzv.jpg

• Like 3