PROPOSED CRL MODIFICATION: Inferno Squad Del Meeko

15 hours ago, Raider said:

@MahXPrime Shall we add a line that there are no code cylinders in the pockets in Level 1 or in Level 2?

Yes ! It's good to add it there too, something like : " - Presence of code cylinders in the pockets is strictly inaccurate, therefore it won't be tolerated " into level 1 directly

• Like 1

@Raider  yes the orange text would replace the green text.  That will be in the draft below. 

Currently cylinders are listed under options.  If we do not list it at all, its not available as an option for approval.   I will add a line to the Flightsuit section denoting no cylinders are present. 

CHANGE LOG 1 .2

Removals in red strikethrough

Additions in dark orange

Flight suit

• - One-piece flight suit is made out of Nomex, rip-stop nylon + canvas or similar heavy material.
  • - The front zipper is covered by a 2-inch-wide piece of leather or leather-like material with vertical lines that attaches with Velcro over the zipper.
  • - Approximately 1.5" (38.1mm) tall mandarin collar with a chevron shaped, left-over-right Velcro closure.
  • A 2.5-inch red embroidered or PVC Inferno Squad emblem, on a black background, is present on both shoulders.
  • - The shoulders of the suit are slightly padded.
  • - On the left forearm there is a compad pocket. Size might vary to match specific compad. +compad pocket spot is high enough on the forearm so the glove can't hide the compad 
  • *New Text* There is a commpad pocket that properly fits the commpad size, placed above the glove so that the pocket is not hidden.
  • - On the left bicep, below the cog emblem, there is a code cylinder pocket with no flap, and vertical stitching dividing it into pen sleeves.  No code cylinders are present. 
  • - There is a piece of nylon strapping sewn below the pen sleeve openings and is the same length as the top of the pocket.
  • - The bottom front corner of the pocket is cut off at a bevel on the side pointing in view direction, with the broader upside forming the border of the pen sleeves.
  • - The right sleeve has a cargo pocket below the cog emblem.
  • - The pocket has a chevron flap.
  • - There are two large chest pockets and two large front pockets with no zippers or flaps are present below the belt.
  • - There are two leg pockets with chevron flaps, similar in proportion as the right arm sleeve pocket, are present.
  • - There are no leg pockets below the knees.
  • - There are two red stripes that run up the right side of the flight suit. The first begins at the bottom of the right leg and continues up to the right armpit. The second begins at the right wrist and stops at the bottom of the arm pocket. The stripe then continues above the arm pocket, behind the patch emblem to the shoulder seam.
  • - There are two black stripes that run up the left side of the flight suit. The first begins at the bottom of the left leg and continues up to the left armpit. The second begins at the left wrist and stops at the bottom of the compad pocket. The stripe then continues above the compad pocket up to the bottom edge of the pen sleeves then continues above the pen sleeves, behind the patch emblem to the shoulder seam.
  • - There are two black stripes that run up the left side of the flight suit. The first begins at the bottom of the left leg and continues up to the left armpit. The second begins at the left wrist and stops at the bottom of the compad pocket. The stripe then continues above the compad pocket up to the bottom edge of the pen sleeves then continues above the pen sleeves, behind the patch emblem and up over the shoulder ending at the bottom of the collar.
  • - A piece of leather or leather-like material is sewn below the pen sleeve openings and is the same length as the top of the pocket. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  •  
  • + Patches are EMBROIDERED   vinyl on textile with no edge border. If twill is used for the patch material the fabric texture will be vertically oriented. 
    + Textured Rip stop / canvas is most accurate as it is a thick materials with a "solid" structure ; "loose" / soft / light material is not accurate.
  • Like 3

What's the content of the discussion? What's the reason for the confusion? It has to be clearly visible and it only get slightly covered at the bottom edge when the arm is moved. Well, thats what the game sais ??

20200213_005720.jpg

28 minutes ago, TX-20113 said:

What's the content of the discussion? What's the reason for the confusion? It has to be clearly visible and it only get slightly covered at the bottom edge when the arm is moved. Well, thats what the game sais ??

20200213_005720.jpg

Some people have presented different layouts of the compad (color arrangements and greeblie arrangements)

Just now, Raider said:

Some people have presented different layouts of the compad (color arrangements and greeblie arrangements)

Ah... weird. Tomorrow when i wake up i will do more screenshots from different angles and light if you all want me to. So we have more visible options to talk about.  

• Like 1

And i also think the basic color should be in a metallic grey or silver. Why? Well, in different light it seems more reflecting than a simple grey compad. Please compare the photos below to the last photo i uploaded. What do you guys think? 

And maybe we can add a level 2 Option for the big rectangular buttons. They are all in a different size. The black one as smaller than the red and white button. But its an idea, and maybe i am going too deep into details. ??? 

20200213_110727.jpg

20200217_081056.jpg

20200217_080843.jpg

• Like 1

Here is the current CRL pic (updated by JRS in Apr 2019) vs the original compad posted in 2018.  Current pic has the correct layout...which I think should be the Level 1 standard.  Maybe make a note that the compad is “specific to Inferno Squad”...because this layout is not for Original Trilogy TIEs...and is not exactly like the Rogue One CRL either.  @MahXPrime @TX-20113 do you know who (vendor or model) provided the correct compad for the CRL?

If you guys think an OT compad is ok for Level 1 let me know.

15957985-EEB4-45A8-AD75-91F1732DF1AF.jpeg

31485D65-A459-4424-AA45-CCBD016C3F59.jpeg

The gray does appear to be a metallic look.  Im ok with adding that as a Level 2 requirement.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Raider said:

The gray does appear to be a metallic look.  Im ok with adding that as a Level 2 requirement.

I absolutely agree with that! 

But one more thing. What about that little part inside the red circle of my picture below? It's not visible in the game. Compared with my screenshots. 

20200217_165602.jpg

• Like 1

I currently don't know about anyone making them strictly accurate, according to the new details being discussed here

The best option for now is to modify/make a custom version from a good base !

I can only agree with another " design specific to Inferno Squad " line (BEST taken from 3d files!! :DDD)

I confirm shiny/metalic base paint, it's all consistent with main parts being glossy

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MahXPrime said:

I currently don't know about anyone making them strictly accurate, according to the new details being discussed here

The best option for now is to modify/make a custom version from a good base !

I can only agree with another " design specific to Inferno Squad " line (BEST taken from 3d files!! :DDD)

I confirm shiny/metalic base paint, it's all consistent with main parts being glossy

Im trying to figure out who makes/sells the one on the current CRL.  It is correct except for the color and the notch at the bottom.

• Like 1

Ok guys finally getting back in after my family issues and getting back on YET ANOTHER new schedule at work. 

Fist, this is not a OT commpad. I used to cast and paint those, this is NOT OT. two of the buttons are different sizes,   Its also worn upside down to the way OT commpads are worn. 

There is a color I use a lot when I paint commpads, Tamiya calls it Titanium Gold LINK TO TITANIUM GOLD PAINT   its a great color and captures this base look perfectly.  

The part that is inside the circle is a notch that is present on commpads.  the OT commpads have a somewhat different shape, and totally depending on who made/ cast/ printed it, you get different details.  I always paint the raised/ stepped levels of the commpads I make two different shades so they stand out.  This is just a projection from the base layer, that is the layer on top of the black layer.  My commpads are 3 layers thick. they are copies of the original, now vintage "BishopX" that was cloned a thousand time. 

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=XG4MEAap&id=C2C2E866244C7D5ECB409DEF6C1D85C8490334D3&thid=OIP.XG4MEAapqxITvhzfNuYz2gHaFj&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.jrs501st.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2014%2f02%2f799px-Generic-commpad.jpg&exph=600&expw=799&q=commpad&simid=608037093703748676&selectedIndex=11&ajaxhist=0

anyway, other than the two oversize buttons, heres my call on colors:

Base -Black

Background - Dark metallic gold tone or titanium gold

Top row buttons Left to right when worn Black, White, Black , red.  *white and red are larger than black buttons*

rectangle detail on left side above buttons -white

Rectangle detail with four depressions may have red center dot. 

Lower row of buttons - red

all colors and buttons are to be weathered and muted.  

EDIT: I get home Thursday Ill see if I can make up two oversize buttons and paint  according to the layout I noted above.

• Like 2

That gold cast in the other screenshots might be due to some ambient reflections or red/gold lighting, everything else I’ve seen is gray/silver. I’ll extract the color textures tomorrow to have a closer look, iirc they are all gray.

lKqo7Yt.jpg

I Extracted the models and took some measurements as well (the details are all texture based, the in game model is all plain geometry). It’s roughly 2.5” tall and 2.25” wide. The model only has the exposed part, and doesn’t show the tab at the bottom.  I got the Wampawear inferno commpad, and it’s fairly close to this.

S1fyTQY.jpg

nOVoIzq.jpg

4chNjqE.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 2/17/2020 at 10:15 PM, areilly said:

That gold cast in the other screenshots might be due to some ambient reflections or red/gold lighting, everything else I’ve seen is gray/silver. I’ll extract the color textures tomorrow to have a closer look, iirc they are all gray.

lKqo7Yt.jpg

I Extracted the models and took some measurements as well (the details are all texture based, the in game model is all plain geometry). It’s roughly 2.5” tall and 2.25” wide. The model only has the exposed part, and doesn’t show the tab at the bottom.  I got the Wampawear inferno commpad, and it’s fairly close to this.

S1fyTQY.jpg

nOVoIzq.jpg

4chNjqE.jpg

Thanks!

Unrelated to this...how are you not a Spec Ops member yet??? Cmon man lol!

• Like 1

CHANGE LOG 1 .3

Removals in red strikethrough

Additions in dark orange

Flight suit

• - One-piece flight suit is made out of Nomex, rip-stop nylon + canvas or similar heavy material.
  • - The front zipper is covered by a 2-inch-wide piece of leather or leather-like material with vertical lines that attaches with Velcro over the zipper.
  • - Approximately 1.5" (38.1mm) tall mandarin collar with a chevron shaped, left-over-right Velcro closure.
  • A 2.5-inch red embroidered or PVC Inferno Squad emblem, on a black background, is present on both shoulders.
  • - The shoulders of the suit are slightly padded.
  • - On the left forearm there is a compad pocket. Size might vary to match specific compad. +compad pocket spot is high enough on the forearm so the glove can't hide the compad 
  • *New Text* There is a commpad pocket that properly fits the commpad size, placed above the glove so that the pocket is not hidden.
  • - On the left bicep, below the cog emblem, there is a code cylinder pocket with no flap, and vertical stitching dividing it into pen sleeves.  No code cylinders are present. 
  • - There is a piece of nylon strapping sewn below the pen sleeve openings and is the same length as the top of the pocket.
  • - The bottom front corner of the pocket is cut off at a bevel on the side pointing in view direction, with the broader upside forming the border of the pen sleeves.
  • - The right sleeve has a cargo pocket below the cog emblem.
  • - The pocket has a chevron flap.
  • - There are two large chest pockets and two large front pockets with no zippers or flaps are present below the belt.
  • - There are two leg pockets with chevron flaps, similar in proportion as the right arm sleeve pocket, are present.
  • - There are no leg pockets below the knees.
  • - There are two red stripes that run up the right side of the flight suit. The first begins at the bottom of the right leg and continues up to the right armpit. The second begins at the right wrist and stops at the bottom of the arm pocket. The stripe then continues above the arm pocket, behind the patch emblem to the shoulder seam.
  • - There are two black stripes that run up the left side of the flight suit. The first begins at the bottom of the left leg and continues up to the left armpit. The second begins at the left wrist and stops at the bottom of the compad pocket. The stripe then continues above the compad pocket up to the bottom edge of the pen sleeves then continues above the pen sleeves, behind the patch emblem to the shoulder seam.
  • - There are two black stripes that run up the left side of the flight suit. The first begins at the bottom of the left leg and continues up to the left armpit. The second begins at the left wrist and stops at the bottom of the compad pocket. The stripe then continues above the compad pocket up to the bottom edge of the pen sleeves then continues above the pen sleeves, behind the patch emblem and up over the shoulder ending at the bottom of the collar.
  • - A piece of leather or leather-like material is sewn below the pen sleeve openings and is the same length as the top of the pocket. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  •  
  • + Patches are EMBROIDERED   vinyl on textile with no edge border. If twill is used for the patch material the fabric texture will be vertically oriented. 
    + Textured Rip stop / canvas is most accurate as it is a thick materials with a "solid" structure ; "loose" / soft / light material is not accurate.
Edited by Blackwatch
CL 1.3 NOMEX REMOVED
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/22/2020 at 1:20 AM, Raider said:

Unrelated to this...how are you not a Spec Ops member yet??? Cmon man lol!

Yeah I really need to fix that, it's on the list! I'm booked for Celebration so I need to make sure I've got all the membership stuff sorted by then.

• Like 2

@Blackwatch just wrap up the compad when you can.

I spoke to a staff member at JRS that will be assigned to reviewing this with us...he asked if we could hold temporarily on the shared parts till he has full clearance from his DL.

For now...we can focus on the Del-specific parts (not a forever wait...just for a bit)...so after the compad let's move to the tactical vest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1