PROPOSED CRL MODIFICATION: Inferno Squad Del Meeko

hmmm...on the up close it does look like a "pillow" but on that shot where you see most of his body from the side, there does appear to be a fold-over flap.

I took a photo from my 4k tv screen. I am sure its a shooting cushion? the photo where you can see most of his body is from a video sequence and its possible that it just looks weird because of the animmation ? give me some minutes. Honna try to make good shots

20200429_190427.jpg

• Like 1

yea...canvas pillow (same material as the flightsuit).  why is he carrying a pillow though? lol.  i don't get it.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Raider said:

yea...canvas pillow (same material as the flightsuit).  why is he carrying a pillow though? lol.  i don't get it.

Sometimes you just need a nap.

• Haha 1

im old fashioned, but its worked great for me over the years. I put the side shot in Paint, cropped and inverted.  its helped me win arguments about shadows, pockets, seams and straps over the years.   I see the same folds of cloth you would get when you wrap a box in canvas.  But, UNLESS any pocket flap (if one does exist) is covered by the horizontal strap, I would argue this is a block covered in canvas. All images posted reinforce this. 

eXDen1a.jpg

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

I would argue this is a block covered in canvas

I fully agree with that.

With a sad heart because it was a nice place to put my trading cards in ?? but i would also argue that it's just a nonsense block covered in canvas. 

• TAC VEST  Change Log 2.0  (Final) 

The tactical vest is black Cordura nylon.

All straps are black. 

1" (25mm)  straps are attached to the tactical vest, with four laying horizonatally on either side of the pouches, and two at the front of each pouch.  Straps are sewn to match reference images. There are a total of fourteen straps on the front of the vest. 

There are three M4 / M16 magazine pouches.

The 3  "M4 / M16 "  each contain a rectangular package covered in the same fabric as the tactical vest.  The packages fill the pouches completely, and extend above the pouch. Each packages has a plastic strip  mounted at top facing forward. Strip size is 5/32" x 1/2" to 2 5/8" (4mm x 12mm x 68mm).

There is a black canvas-covered block on the right side of the vest matching reference, with a 1" ( 25mm )wide strip of elastic or webbing mounted to the vest, going across the front of the block.

The main shoulder straps consist of ribbed leather or leather-like material. The front portion of the ribbed shoulder straps measure 1 3/8" (35mm).  

The front buckles are tri-glide buckles.  

Vest front tri-glides are attached to the vest with 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" (35mm x 35mm) loops. The quick release buckles  on the back of the vest are attached  by 1" (25 mm) loops

There is a an approximately 1.5" x 1" (38mm x 25mm) specific buckle greeblie mounted above the tri-glide buckles on each side matching reference images.

There is a rectangle or loop of leather glued/attached to the  shoulder strap construction  2" (50mm) above the front buckle greeblies on both straps.  The front face of this rectangle is (35mm x 18mm).

The shoulder straps cross near the top of the back armor box.  Each shoulder strap has a tri-glide that the end of the strap feeds into, near the back armor box shape.  See reference photos for placement. 

After crossing in the back, shoulder straps are attached on the sides of the vest with quick release buckles. See reference photos for placement. 

There is a 1" (25mm) leather or leather-like waist strap present at the back of the tac vest, and it is attached to the vest with one quick release buckle on the right  or left side of the vest.  This quick release buckle is hidden under the scout pouch, and is not seen when worn. 

A single adjusting tri-glide is centered on the waist strap.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

The vest is fitted to the wearer. 

All vest straps are made of black leather.  

Vest front tri-glides are attached to the vest with 1 3/8" x 1 3/8"(35mm x 35mm) leather loops. The quick release buckles  on the back of the vest are attached  by 1" (25 mm) leather loops

Front shoulder straps which go over the shoulder and continue to the back are made of 3 layers of ribbed/ grooved leather strips glued/sewed/bonded together.  The first (bottom) layer is 1 3/8" (35mm) with the middle layer added to that. The middle layer shall be 1" (25mm) wide. The final layer is centered on top of the first two layers, and is 9/16" (15mm) wide.  The three bonded strips run the length of the forward portion of the shoulder strap assembly.   

The grooved leather strap ends just past the wearers shoulders, and continues on as a single 1" (25mm) leather strip, passing through triglides and into specific quick release buckles, which are held to the vest with 1" (25mm) leather loops. 

Specific tri-glide buckles holding the vest on the front are made from the game's 3d model, the same goes for the specific buckle greeblies attached to the leather strips just over the tri-glides

The waist strap has a single quick release buckle mounted to the right side of the vest using 1" (25mm)  black leather loop. This buckle is hidden under the scout pouch and is not seen when worn. 

• Like 2

Very good, so moving on. 

Discussion for the Shoulder ammo pouch.   

Shoulder Ammo Pouch

• - There is an MP-40 ammo pouch attached to the left shoulder and must be filled.
  • - The pouch is black in color and made of canvas, leather or leather-like material.
    • - Pouch stitching is black. 

+ Attached to the left shoulder with an invisible system - magnet system advised.

Original text white

Revisions in green

New text in Orange 

Shoulder Ammo Pouch Change Log 1.0

Shoulder Ammo Pouch

• There is an MP-40 ammo pouch attached to the left shoulder and must be filled.
  • The pouch is black in color and made of canvas, leather or leather-like material.
    • Pouch stitching is black. 

Attachment is not seen.  No straps are visible.  Magnets or other source of firm mounting is advised. 

10 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

The pouch is black in color and made of canvas, leather or leather-like material.

The pouch is made of Canvas or canvas-like material. Only the closure straps are made of black leather (doing screenshots later to show you). But that's all i would change. I like the invisible attachment ?

Shoulder Ammo Pouch Change Log 1.1

Shoulder Ammo Pouch

• There is an MP-40 ammo pouch attached to the left shoulder and must be filled.
  • The pouch is black in color and made of canvas, leather or leather-like or canvas-like material.
  • Closure straps are made of black leather or leather-like material.

Attachment is not seen.  No straps are visible.  Magnets or other source of firm mounting is advised. 
  • Like 1

Shoulder Ammo Pouch Change Log  (FINAL)

Shoulder Ammo Pouch

• The pouch is black in color and made of canvas, or canvas-like material.
  • Closure straps are made of black leather or leather-like material.
  • There is a small pouch on the bottom of the pouch at the right side. 

• Oiler pouch is attached to the bottom right side of the right pouch. 
  • Like 2

The next item for discussion will be the under belt.   This is a typical Officer/Crewman style belt, and ROTJ style grooves are permitted. 

Removals in red strikethrough

Additions in orange.

Text changes in green. 

Imperial Officer style Under Belt

• The belt is constructed from a non-textured leather or a leather-like material.
  • Approximately 2" (50.8 mm) in width, up to 3" (76.2 mm) is acceptable.
  • There are no loops on the belt.
  • A single large snap or rivet is visible approximately 1" (25.4 mm) from the buckle.
  • The belt may be worn with the snap to the right or left of the wearer.
  • The buckle is constructed from a horizontally brushed metal, or metal looking material.
  • The buckle size is approximately 2 5/8" (66.7 mm) high and 4 1/8" (104.5 mm) wide with 0.5" (12.7 mm)    radius rounded corners.
  • Buckle is adorned with an Imperial Code Disk at the center. 

•  Belt is made of leather.
  •  Snap is worn to the left of the wearer.
  •  Buckle has a slight horizontal curve.
    + 2 carved lines -> ROTJ officer belt

Change Log 1.0

• The belt is constructed from a non-textured leather or a leather-like material.
  • A single large snap or rivet is visible approximately 1" (25.4 mm) from the buckle.
  • The buckle is constructed from a horizontally brushed metal, or metal looking material.
  • The buckle size is approximately 2 5/8" (66.7 mm) high and 4 1/8" (104.5 mm) wide with 0.5" (12.7 mm)    radius rounded corners.

• Belt is made of leather.
  • Snap is worn to the left of the wearer.
  • Buckle has a slight horizontal curve.
    There are 2  grooves 1/8" (3.17mm ) from the edge running the length of the belt. 

5 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

The next item for discussion will be the under belt.   This is a typical Officer/Crewman style belt, and ROTJ style grooves are permitted. 

Removals in red strikethrough

Additions in orange.

Text changes in green. 

•  Belt is made of leather.
  •  Snap is worn to the left of the wearer.
  •  Buckle has a slight horizontal curve.
    + 2 carved lines -> ROTJ officer belt

Change Log 1.0

• Belt is made of leather.
  • Snap is worn to the left of the wearer.
  • Buckle has a slight horizontal curve.
    There are 2  grooves 1/8" (3.17mm ) from the edge running the length of the belt. 

20200501_220057.thumb.jpg.61eda06818dc1166fb77d42299092f75.jpg

There you can see that its texture is just a natural leather texture and the grooves are clearly visible

20200226_190242.thumb.jpg.53ea120c18921f0c2235a3a53a2b3785.jpg

And this is all we can see from the buckle. We can only derive the way of wearing this belt from Gideon Hask. That means, no holes appear in the leather, the rivet has to be on the left side or the wearer. But well, it's all hidden. So these points can be level 2 options 

11 minutes ago, TX-20113 said:

There you can see that its texture is just a natural leather texture and the grooves are clearly visible

And this is all we can see from the buckle. We can only derive the way of wearing this belt from Gideon Hask. That means, no holes appear in the leather, the rivet has to be on the left side or the wearer. But well, it's all hidden. So these points can be level 2 options 

In game it only uses one texture for all the leather bits, so in game the belt does have a slight texture as well. In some of the hi-res renders/promo images though the belts appear smooth, so you could argue that the belt should be smooth, and they just didn't bother giving it a smooth texture in-game since it was a minor detail. IRL you don't usually see textured leather belts because that kind of leather tends to be soft and and stretchy.

The in game model does include the rivet - no other holes, but I think that's mainly because its a magical belt loop with no seams or adjustments.

2dBCAl7.jpg

• Like 1

20200501_223854.thumb.jpg.33c92a50aa739117d3305e68aa36730b.jpg

Here you can see the position of the rivet clearly ?

20200501_223922.thumb.jpg.3ace5e21863de1babf1f9826f9f9ef37.jpg

And just to give an imagination of what the belt will probably look like, here is Hask's belt. 

So basically not quite much to change, just to decide the texture, I would allow both smooth & textured (at least in level 1)

I'm the 1st one pointing out that Inferno have very specific elements design not taken from other uniforms but concerning belt it appears consistent it's just regular ROTJ belt. And it does make sense to say they've used same texture for every leather parts, not really bothering with actual regular belt render.. This is one of the element where we can keep a certain "unity" & "harmony" between different imperial uniforms

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MahXPrime said:

So basically not quite much to change, just to decide the texture, I would allow both smooth & textured (at least in level 1)

I'm the 1st one pointing out that Inferno have very specific elements design not taken from other uniforms but concerning belt it appears consistent it's just regular ROTJ belt. And it does make sense to say they've used same texture for every leather parts, not really bothering with actual regular belt render.. This is one of the element where we can keep a certain "unity" & "harmony" between different imperial uniforms

Agreement?