85421 Sithtrooper Build

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much Glen. Your thread is very helpful. I'll follow your steps to make my Jim's armor more accurate. My chest is a little bit lower than yours, how tall are you ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Skablaze said:

Thank you very much Glen. Your thread is very helpful. I'll follow your steps to make my Jim's armor more accurate. My chest is a little bit lower than yours, how tall are you ?

Just under 6ft

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bear0902 said:

What type of red is the actual color Red ? Is it car paint or spray can ? 

I used an automotive acrylic paint in spray can it's a base red , not sure what others are using

• Like 2
On 6/8/2020 at 12:32 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

I used an automotive acrylic paint in spray can it's a base red , not sure what others are using

This is helping me a lot thank you :) I’m actually starting to buy paint just so I can have everything ready as i wait for the kit to arrive super excited! Thank you for your time 

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 12:12 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

So I've built a few costumes to date and this wasn't an actual planed one, I kinda fell into a build after helping out with searching for Sithtrooper references, I had a bit of free time, I've got a few medical issues and had a couple of surgeries this year so spending more time on the computer than actually building. Anyway as a thank you for helping source info and reference material Jim (Jimmiroquai) contacted me and wanted to send me a Sith Trooper helmet as a thank you, that blew me away and it was really unexpected, as I told Jim I did it as I'm from FISD and our motto is "troopers helping troopers" so it was to help everyone, not for any particular gain, well Jim insisted, which then got me on to a conversation about the armor and within 5 minutes I was on his pre order list (here we go again). As I said I'd had some issues so really hadn't been doing much building this year so I was a little unsure if I'd have it ready in time but I went for it anyway and all being well I can actually add a TX to my costume list ;) 

PARTS
Helmet: Jim

Armor: Jim

Undersuit, neckseal: Jim

Boots: Imperial Boots

Gloves: Imperial Boots

Blaster: Project 842 files, printed, sanded, filled, painted and lights/sound added.

Amp: Aker 1506

Paint: SCA Acrylic paint, gloss red, satin black and gloss clear

So 29th November the kit landed, luckily I'd already sourced pretty much all I would need for building, snaps, nylon, elastic, E6000, JB weld, foam padding, helmet fan, aker amp and a few other bits and pieces.

First up give everything a bath to get rid of any release agent. When going through the parts and comparing to one of Jim's posts I noticed the TD plate was missing so got in touch with Jim and he found that 1 had missed packing, he quickly organised to have it sent but that wouldn't stop the build.

DnUgpbF.jpg

Next up work out how I was going to strap everything together and size everything, I decided to do most the same as my FOTK build as I gathered they would be similar. Double snaps everywhere just in case of a failure, using nylon so it conforms to curves and held with E6000. Luckily over the years I've collected A LOT of clamps and magnets so was able to get pretty much everything glued on the first day.

m2zhFQX.jpgy9Mq9mp.jpglXKT3zq.jpgEiHy6SC.jpg

Ix4zpXZ.jpgzJD6bsH.jpg

Worked on the spats and shoe covers, decided to use a combination of magnets and Velcro for this, was worried magnets by themselves wouldn't be enough.

N4GKixY.jpgUgOGCnL.jpg

Where can I go to get the black straps you use to connect the parts ? Do you have a link 

1 hour ago, Bear0902 said:

Where can I go to get the black straps you use to connect the parts ? Do you have a link 

I used elastic for most of the parts with snaps. Harness is made from nylon. Vecro for spats. 

• 1 month later...

Wow, this looks absolutely fantastic. I had no idea there was already so much progress on this armor. Is Jim still taking orders?

I noticed you said you were slightly under 6 ft. I'm 6'1" at 180lbs, pretty lean. How is the fit?

Love the guide on where you found each part. Extremely helpful. Hope to join you soon!

Just now, Mr.Nova said:

Wow, this looks absolutely fantastic. I had no idea there was already so much progress on this armor. Is Jim still taking orders?

I noticed you said you were slightly under 6 ft. I'm 6'1" at 180lbs, pretty lean. How is the fit?

Love the guide on where you found each part. Extremely helpful. Hope to join you soon!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure what the situation is with covid in Jim's area, you could contact him via FB and see if he is still taking orders at this time. You can order longer legs which is what I did, the fit is great and I trimmed some off as they were just a little too long. I have extra room around the ab too which I added some padding.

An enjoyable build as I never worked with flexible fibreglass before.

Hope to see a build thread from you soon.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure what the situation is with covid in Jim's area, you could contact him via FB and see if he is still taking orders at this time. You can order longer legs which is what I did, the fit is great and I trimmed some off as they were just a little too long. I have extra room around the ab too which I added some padding.

An enjoyable build as I never worked with flexible fibreglass before.

Hope to see a build thread from you soon.

I keep putting too many irons in my fire :D

I get sidetracked and finish nothing, lmao.

We'll see how it goes!

1 hour ago, Mr.Nova said:

I keep putting too many irons in my fire :D

I get sidetracked and finish nothing, lmao.

We'll see how it goes!

I used to be the same, so many projects going at once, I've slowed down these days, a few medical issues so I normally don't take on too much, 1 big project at one time ;) 

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Bear0902 said:

Hi so I don’t understand why it’s not working properly if you would like pm me your email or Facebook and I can send a bunch of photos or if you know how I can fix the photos or properly re upload them let me know thank you 

Here's what I'm seeing:

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 9.09.28 PM.png

@nanotek ideas? I think what might have happened is when the forum was redone, you could no longer used the cc? code to link pictures as image files but would have to either upload the actual file or replace the upload with the actual file link or the photo hosting website you use no longer supports upload links to outside sites like our forums.

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

@nanotek ideas? I think what might have happened is when the forum was redone, you could no longer used the cc? code to link pictures as image files but would have to either upload the actual file or replace the upload with the actual file link or the photo hosting website you use no longer supports upload links to outside sites like our forums.

From the looks of it, the photos were removed from Tinypic since even the URL's won't push over to anything, regardless of how the back-end was updated. The OP would have to re-upload them onto a new image host and then link them in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/18/2021 at 1:19 AM, Chaos said:

It has nothing to do with the forum and more to do with the image no longer being available. All we can do is reach out to @gmrhodes13 to see if the images still exist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 8/17/2021 at 8:10 PM, Bear0902 said:

https://imgur.com/a/RvKr4r1

https://imgur.com/a/oNl7DQi

this link above is all the photos from start to finish. In no way am I a pro so please use CRL for reference as much as possible I have a few things I need to fix so please in no way follow my pictures completely always reference the crl I don’t wanna be held responsible if something is wrong. Thanks 

Thanks a lot ! Works very fine this way ! And congrats for the built !

7 minutes ago, Actarus911 said:

Thanks a lot ! Works very fine this way ! And congrats for the built !

I put this link into the wrong users post please disregard. I did not see where I was posting thought it was my own post and I’m still learning how to use these forums and websites so I apologize for posting my info in some one else’s post 

• Like 2