Sith Trooper Blaster 3D files Mods

Hey All,

Glen @gmrhodes13  brought up some interesting points about the 3D print files that are out there that are not quite like the Photos we have been seeing of the Sith Trooper's ST-W48 blaster.

I bought the files that Sean Fields made and attempted modifications to them as to be more in line with the photos we are seeing.

They are the barrel, the fore grip, and the body back. On the body back one I made the indented circle on the mag well, and I also got "fancy" and put the Sith Trooper emblem instead of the indented circle just for shits and grins. (Edit- I removed the link since they are based off Sean's files.)

• Like 2

Great work just with the circle logo again once again it comes down to what references you use, I haven't seen the sith logo as yet but I have seen the first order logo. For those that haven't noticed look at the magazine end plate too, it is longer and angled on the front ;) 

0BpKmtH.png

Also I was looking at what it would take to make the stock removable, and if you swap the shaft from the front stock connector to the rear stock it could work. What I did notice though is to add a silver plate on the end of the stock connector it should be straight and some of it is angled as is so a cap plate won't sit on correctly. I also noticed the rear has some vents/fins

cXBYmLI.png

• Thanks 1

@gmrhodes13 thanks for the close ups. I'm noticing that the mag well is different than Sean's files as well. Moving the stock tube from the front stock body to the rear stock butt is easy, I'm going to work on that today if I have time. The silver cap looks like it is square with the corners rounded and some type of hex nut.

Rear vent fans .... yep, I missed those, thanks! I'll work on those as well when I get a chance. LOL some times my real job gets in the way of my hobby!

I'm not sure why they would have a First Order logo as they were not technically part of the FO, so I think just the indented circle will be the way to go. 

I do like the Sith Trooper logo. I have not seen that anywhere but I was just playing around with the idea.

Thanks again for the feedback.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

@gmrhodes13 thanks for the close ups. I'm noticing that the mag well is different than Sean's files as well. Moving the stock tube from the front stock body to the rear stock butt is easy, I'm going to work on that today if I have time. The silver cap looks like it is square with the corners rounded and some type of hex nut.

Rear vent fans .... yep, I missed those, thanks! I'll work on those as well when I get a chance. LOL some times my real job gets in the way of my hobby!

I'm not sure why they would have a First Order logo as they were not technically part of the FO, so I think just the indented circle will be the way to go. 

I do like the Sith Trooper logo. I have not seen that anywhere but I was just playing around with the idea.

Thanks again for the feedback.

My pleasure, troopers helping troopers. 

I did look at the stock mod but my brain is just not up to 3D design unfortunately and I'm still new to the printing world, been an old school builder but the growing list of medical issues are putting an end to those days.

I've made a few basic models but adjusting existing files are an issue and with that I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your work, will definitely help a lot of us with lower brain capacity ;) 

Perfect timing though I was just about to start on printing a replacement and trying to add some updates, only managed the front recess mod, that's why I had the references handy.

Don't let that real job get in the way, we are waiting with baited breath on those updates (if you share ;)

Cheers again

Spent some time on my day off working with the photos @gmrhodes13 provided and my Sean Field's files. I think I am getting there. Some of the small components aren't shown in the photos but they include inset screens for the fore grip with rear stock version, rear stock, magazine with a screw knob, and a few other greeblies that I didn't add to the build model. I added internal cut outs to accommodate electronics and a bright LED in the front can illuminate  the side oval ports and the barrel as seen on the Star Wars Show.

Y6Du6Ka.jpg

FqAtrdr.jpg

WxYZOep.jpg

yaU0pIS.jpg

FZalNbN.jpg

huWb2Bc.jpg

• Like 1

I shortened the rear plug and rear body section, to make it match better with the photos. It also looks like the rear stock tube might be thinner and slide into a hole that the square piece is covering up. I'll make the changes, might take a day or two as I am going to busy at work the next couple of days.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Supreme_Leader_66 said:

This look super accurate as far as being dead on with the life sized models!

Jeremy, thanks, that is what I was going for, I have seen some people producing the ST Blaster but they have a lot of the details missing. I can't wait to get home so I can print this bad boy out. I've got a blaster sound board (not BlastFx but another he produces) and LED system coming from TRamp, I'll update the audio file to sound like the ST toy sound.

I took this sound file from a video review of the blaster. I'll have to separate the different blast clips, but that is easy. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lv4yw9krkh843eh/ST Blaster Audio.mp3?dl=0

When I get the kit, I will probably modify the internal cut outs so that the sound board,LED, speaker, trigger switch etc all fit as "drop ins" I'm just waiting in the TRamp delivery here in AFG so I can take the measurements. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Jeremy, thanks, that is what I was going for, I have seen some people producing the ST Blaster but they have a lot of the details missing. I can't wait to get home so I can print this bad boy out. I've got a blaster sound board (not BlastFx but another he produces) and LED system coming from TRamp, I'll update the audio file to sound like the ST toy sound.

I took this sound file from a video review of the blaster. I'll have to separate the different blast clips, but that is easy. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lv4yw9krkh843eh/ST Blaster Audio.mp3?dl=0

When I get the kit, I will probably modify the internal cut outs so that the sound board,LED, speaker, trigger switch etc all fit as "drop ins" I'm just waiting in the TRamp delivery here in AFG so I can take the measurements. 

AWESOME!!! I cant wait to see yours come together! having the added efx will really take it to another level!! 

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Need some opinions:

Screens or No screens, the blaster will have the interchangable option to be a rifle with the rear stock or carbine without, but if I install the screens they will be fixed and non removable.

VYYYERx.jpg

bPMZzHc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally finished it and I must say I think it looks awesome! I have it listed on my Etsy shop now. Its a one of a kind and probably the closest to "screen accuracy" that you will find right now. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/937699050/sith-trooper-blaster-st-w48

il_1588xN.2876968107_jfzv.jpg

il_794xN.2829298728_c7p3.jpg