DIY Death Trooper Holster

holster pic.JPG

Hi everyone

Some of you may know that I used to make a great holster and pouch set. It only got that way because I did my research and found that no-one was making an accurate set and what was available was too pricy. So I decided to embark on the journey that is leather craft. Now while this holster isn't the most accurate (and you can easily modify it to make it more accurate) it's still a highly functional holster that looks great and you can still operate it wearing gloves. I will eventually upload a template for the pouch and how to assemble that, but here is the holster for now.

I have created a template so you can make your own Death Trooper Holster! You just need to buy

1. Some belt leather (either pre-dyed black or DIY) 
  2. Some snaps and a snap setting tool
  3. A leather hole punch (for mounting the snaps)
  4. A small nut & bolt.
  5. (Optional) If you want the ultimate finish you will need a slicker and edge beveller to create nice edges to the leather. 

You will need a sharp blade to cut the leather

With the leather you can buy it already dyed or you can dye it yourself, that's entirely up to you. If you do dye it yourself you will need to get some finisher too. I used a satin finish.

The holster is really easy to assemble, you just use the template to mark out your parts including the snap holes. Cut everything out very carefully and then put it all together.

I'll update this post with more details later, I just wanted to get this started... although if you check the assembly instructions you should be able to figure it all out!

The Template is an ISO A3 size page 1:1. I added a V2 that has all the dimensions on it. 

Build Instructions [to come]

Final Assembly Instructions:

step 01.JPGstep 02.JPGstep 03.JPGstep 04.JPGstep 05.JPGstep 06.JPGstep 07.JPGstep 08.JPG

Deathtrooper Holster Template by TX10322 nanotek v1.pdf

Deathtrooper Holster Template by TX10322 nanotek v2.pdf

• Like 3

Ohhhhh very nice job and thank you for sharing this!

So I can add you to the "Accessories" Vendor list?! :banana:

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

Ohhhhh very nice job and thank you for sharing this!

So I can add you to the "Accessories" Vendor list?! :banana:

I am the worst vendor ever LOL! I did a limited run, I'm not doing them anymore.  This is the reason why I am sharing how I built them, so I don't have to! :D

• Haha 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
20 hours ago, mjt82 said:

What type of leather are you using for this one @nanotek?  I haven't seen anything at my local craft stores that seems to be as thick as what you have there.

You can use belt leather. I got mine from a specialty leather place. Can’t even remember what it was I got