ST-W48 Rifle Build

Hey Troopers! I thought I would toss up a few pics of my blaster build for my Sith Jet Trooper. The print I used was made from early references and i believe the model used was the same as the Fortnight blaster from the reference photos I found of it. It needed lots of work and I still think its far from accurate judging by the post in the sith trooper topic. I plan to get the F-11ABA Heavy Canon also ans would ideally like to carry one and have the other holstered on my thigh armor. Ill more than likely have to get another print and redo this one but just wanted to share what i have so far.

I mostly used the visual dictionary paired with the Hot Toys blaster a friend sent me reference pics of. The mag was from a F-11 blaster I had to mod and decided to leave the emblem off of for now. The original print I got didn’t come with a mag. I had to shave down the sight and add the adjustment wheel to make it more accurate. Then I filled in the gaps it had up front and used some replacement arcade buttons to make the “grenade launcher” buttons. The biggest challenge was cutting out the front  side vents where I used wooden dowels and glued them in place to give the “tubing” effect. The muzzle was totally wrong so I used some copper pipe and a reducer then drilled all the holes and made it smooth with bondo filler paste. The final part was cutting the front of the grip out and I replaced it with the grip of a old air soft glock pistol I had. The entire thing is also lined up with dowel rods that connect the front half’s and the buttstock to make the blaster a little more rigid.  

I've tried to Embed the Album here but I don't think i'm doing it right, so i added a link. Forgive my lack of Forum knowledge, i haven't been on one in ages! *facepalm*

https://imgur.com/a/jVSx7nA

• Like 1
On 2/26/2020 at 12:00 AM, IcyTrooper said:

Very nice work on it thus far!

The main thing i'm conflicted on is the little red dashes that go along the underside of the front area. Some showed it and some dont. I feel like there are 100 different combos i've seen. I dont have much room on my print to add them but I could possibly add it via some decals. But I feel in order to have the room ill have too add some foam on the bottom to give me enough of a surface to add them.