Shadow Trooper advice please

Hey there, Doug and welcome to the forums!

The armor looks pretty good! May want to take a few pics with a neutral background such as white or grey to help see all the details. Black is hard to photograph I know ?

There are a few things that I can see that need to be looked at:

1. Ab buttons should be black, not silver. Easy fix!
  2. You're missing the 4-button plate on the ab:
    4button.JPG
  3. Belt should be attached to the left side from behind via two fasteners at the bottom:
     beltattach.JPG
  4. Your shins are closing the wrong way, the outside of each leg should attach and overlap the inside of each leg. Opposite of what you have now, but another easy fix!shinoverlap.JPG 
  5. On the right side you have a strap with snap that popped off, no biggie but make sure it isn't there for the GML review.
  6. On your right thigh the ammo belt is installed too high. The rivet should be in the upper corner and that upper corner then aligns with the ridge on the thigh:ammobeltthigh.JPG
  7. You may want to touch up the paint on the chin/vocoder as well, looks like it is coming off a bit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryan pretty much got it all. Only other things I see is the butt plate it popping out a little on the right side, this can be fixed with adjustments to the strapping. The other thing I saw was one of you straps from the back to chest on the right side popped off and was showing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, HugeBadWolf said:

Yep, there's a chunk missing, think I need to invest in some new (longer?) thighs.

Cheers,

Doug

I think if you pull your thighs up just a little bit (the left leg one especially) then you should be fine. They don't look troublesome to me.

That stuff on the back that is missing is really up to the GML. I personally allow "comfort cuts" like that to assist with walking and reduce pinches. The biggest thing for me with the shims is the color match Ie.g. armor is shiny and shims are dull) and that looks fine on this. You may just want to round out that gap a little so that it doesn't pinch. You should be able to search to see those cuts on other armor (especially regular stormtroopers) to see how they do it. As long as that back strip has a cover strip and ends at the ridge you are fine.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi, 

Has been a while, but finally I think I have finished making the first round of adjustments.

Thank you to everyone thats helped me so far, appreciate the time you've given me ?

pZhAw3W.jpg

u3alJEs.jpg

YpSnFQc.jpg

7dekcX6.jpg

OrfCY2r.jpg

bdHZJ7Q.jpg

Once again, any feedback is welcome

Thanks in advance! 

Cheers, 

Doug 

• Like 2

Hey Doug!  Getting there.  I see a couple things to address before submitting.  Others may see additional things:

- Holster fasteners to belt must be black for Level 1.

- The thigh ammo pack on right thigh looks to be sagging in center.

- When using ammo packs on belt they must replace the drop boxes and there must be one on each hip.  I would suggest removing the ammo pack on hip altogether.

- Pauldron cannot have the logo sticker (not sure what it is)...should be black with no markings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I second what @Raider said. You may want to also raise the thighs up a tad so that there isn't so much of a gap in the back, as well as lower the posterior. I'm not sure what your GML may say but I know you trimmed a lot off to fit as well as for comfort. Pulling up a little on the thighs may also help it from getting stuck on your knees.

Outside of that I can't see anything else that is an issue. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, HugeBadWolf said:

Sorry, did I break a rule? 

Thabks, 

Doug

Noooo i meant delete my posting ;D all good Doug

• Like 1