Bands around the forearm

The ones I've seen that most people have are by Plastic Arms Dealer.  I recently placed an order for some for $20 on his Etsy store, but they aren't listed there (I just checked to provide a link here).  You can also check PlasticArmsDealer.com, but they sometimes show "out of stock" or aren't listed at all.  At worst, message him and check on the availability.  He's great with communication.

1 hour ago, DHKnecht said:

The ones I've seen that most people have are by Plastic Arms Dealer.  I recently placed an order for some for $20 on his Etsy store, but they aren't listed there (I just checked to provide a link here).  You can also check PlasticArmsDealer.com, but they sometimes show "out of stock" or aren't listed at all.  At worst, message him and check on the availability.  He's great with communication.

Thank you!

I have Jim's kit, two things to note, Jim's kits have the wrist band "clamps" molded as part of the forearm, so if you get a set of the pre-made bands, you will need to smooth out the molded clamps, this will also involve some filling and patching as it will create holes where you removed the clamps. 

I used a 4 inch black rubber coupling from a local hardware store and cut the bands from the coupler. Because I have my forearms in the "clam shell" configuration, I simply cut the bands to the length needed to fit snugly and go from the edge of the molded clamp around the wrist and to the other edge of the clamp, then I epoxied about an inch of each end to the forearm. For extra security, I ran a 1/4 inch wood screw from the inside of the forearm up into the rubber band. After I put the screws in I backed them out, put a small amount of epoxy in each hole and then re-inserted the screws. Its been almost three years and lots of troopings and I have never had any issues with the set up.