DT Helmet

Hello, everyone! I am working on my first armor build, and I am trying to figure out the best way to approach the helmet. I plan on putting LED lights on the tusks, as well as the NSM monitor. Is it better to sand/prime/pain first, then apply the lights? Or is it better to do the lights first, then the paint? What is the best way to attach the eye lens? I planned on using either a hard hat liner or bike helmet padding to get the helmet to fit. Eventually I would like to add the voice changer, too. Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: 850 armorworks made the helmet. 

death trooper helmet.jpg

Edited by Bhrea
add pertinent info

Who made your helmet?  Knowing that would help some of the others on this site who have had the same one identify what they did to add the lighting.  I think the bottom line, though, is if that there are already holes for the lighting, I'd sand/prime/paint first, but if not, I'd get all the access drilled and opened up first, then sand/prime/paint.  By the way, I'd recommend the voice changer from UKSWrath.  I have this system to install and it does everything you might want.  Tony is a member here, communication is unparalleled, and he makes great stuff (including LED lighting for the NASM and tusks of your helmet).

https://www.etsy.com/shop/UkswrathsSpeciality?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=525802212

850 Armorworks made my helmet. It looks like I will have a lot of drilling to do in order to install the lights. The tusk lights and NSM should arrive next week. Thank you for the advice- I will look into the voice changer. I enjoy working on the armor. It's a challenge, but fun!