New here

Hello and welcome, Andrew! Glad to see that you want to get into a shadow stormtrooper. I'd imagine that you are in the US? Depending on where you live can change where kits are available. Personally, I got my kit from Anovos but they no longer offer the shadow stormtrooper, and neither does RS Props in the UK; unless you find them secondhand in the kit form or assembled (the latter).

State side I believe that Walt's Trooper Factory (WTF) is the one who is currently doing pulls for shadow stormtrooper. From there you'd get the kit and assemble it to your body type. There are also commercial services that can put together your costume according to your measurements for a fee. Imperial Assembly Line is one that comes to mind as I've seen their work on Facebook.

The undersuit can essentially be anything that doesn't have visible logos or striping. Personally, I got the Tesla (no relation to car manufacturer) brand off Amazon as cold weather compression gear and it has worked great...and was cheap.

I am on the east coast but i go to georgia once a year and theres a marching of the storm troopers there periodically for dragon con and was hoping to be able to dress up and go. ive been referred to the darkside closet, 850 armor works for stuff but i know that you guys use your sutis alot and figured i would have better luck getting good reviews and unbiased opinions on who to get the suit made by

If you would live in germany, i would recommend IronMotion, they have probably the best service world wide, you gonna make an appointment with them- visit them, they take your measures - build your costume, you gonna eat a pizza and later they even make pictures with you for your 501st application...and after this you take your costume home, all on one day...

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Andrew B said:

i live in NC so idk who my local costume makers would be

We are working on building a resource thread for the shadow stormtrooper in the near future that will help. For the US you're probably looking at Walt's Trooper Factory since Anovos and RS Props aren't making them anymore.

38 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

We are working on building a resource thread for the shadow stormtrooper in the near future that will help. For the US you're probably looking at Walt's Trooper Factory since Anovos and RS Props aren't making them anymore.

ok cool im not sure about kits and would def need help with making the suit. i actually would love to meet some of the 501st guys in person but idk who my local garrison or troops are tbh

No worries, garrisons are great for helping out locally! In the garrison I'm in we have armor parties, I even host them myself, where people get together to work on their stuff and help others.

NC is under the Carolina Garrison, here is their website: http://www.carolinagarrison.net/

• Like 1
8 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

@Andrew B  Andrew, as Ryan said we are working on updating the Vendor's list for the Shadow Trooper,  This is an older list that has many of the vendors. https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/3358-hard-parts-armor-and-helmets/ You'll have to contact each one and see what they are doing at the moment.

I can confirm that Walt's and 850 are still doing pulls in black ABS, however not sure of how their back log is, another option is to get a standard TK (white) and assemble it to the Shadow specs and paint it gloss black. The Death Trooper kit, in most cases, has to be painted as well so its not that hard of a task.

I am in the NC Garrison but am not in the states right now, there may be someone in the Garrison that has recently done a Shadow Trooper and can help you out.

Best of luck

Welcome to the darker side of The Darkside!

"Chaos"
Death Trooper/Shadowtrooper/FO TIE Pilot (in-progress)/FO Sith Trooper (in-progress)
QQAxSt8.png?2

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Chaos said:

@Andrew B  Andrew, as Ryan said we are working on updating the Vendor's list for the Shadow Trooper,  This is an older list that has many of the vendors. https://forum.specops501st.com/topic/3358-hard-parts-armor-and-helmets/ You'll have to contact each one and see what they are doing at the moment.

I can confirm that Walt's and 850 are still doing pulls in black ABS, however not sure of how their back log is, another option is to get a standard TK (white) and assemble it to the Shadow specs and paint it gloss black. The Death Trooper kit, in most cases, has to be painted as well so its not that hard of a task.

I am in the NC Garrison but am not in the states right now, there may be someone in the Garrison that has recently done a Shadow Trooper and can help you out.

Best of luck

Welcome to the darker side of The Darkside!

"Chaos"
Death Trooper/Shadowtrooper/FO TIE Pilot (in-progress)/FO Sith Trooper (in-progress)
QQAxSt8.png?2

Awesome! id love to meet with someone from the garrison eventually, as i am considering joining after i get my suit together. ik 850 is fofering a kit for 400$ + 150$ for the helmet, iw asnt sure if they were a good maker or not

I personally use this one: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in-Rolling-Tool-Box-Utility-Cart-Black-209261/203668066

It allows me to fit my armor in there without having to disconnect the ab/back/kidney/posterior parts. I use the smaller version for my TIE pilot and stuff.

Keep the questions coming! I got mine from HFx Productions but they are no longer in business. A lot of people either 3D print them or get some off Etsy, just have to do a little research. I know that Trooperbay has some for sale every so often. I'll try and see if I can see what others are doing.

• Like 1

hopefulyl once i get my armor i will try and join the carolina garrison :) i do plan to troop at dragon con for atleast 2/3 days of the convention ocne i get my suit. though i would like som help putting it together lol. if you could dm me links to places for a blaster that would be amazing! imt rying to put together the lsit of items i need and how much its going to cost me

• 7 months later...

Hello all, I am new here as well and just ordered a shadow trooper kit from 850 armor works but wasn’t sure about the resin helmet so I didn’t order the helmet. Do you have any recommendations for the helmet. Will it matter if the helmet and armor aren’t from the same vendor?  Thank you all for your help. 

Spencer

28 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Hello all, I am new here as well and just ordered a shadow trooper kit from 850 armor works but wasn’t sure about the resin helmet so I didn’t order the helmet. Do you have any recommendations for the helmet. Will it matter if the helmet and armor aren’t from the same vendor?  Thank you all for your help. 

Spencer

It'll really depend on what color the plastic is that it is coming in and if you are painting it? Walt's Trooper Factory (on Facebook) offers helmets as well.

• 3 months later...