Anyone making the Ab/kidney gasket from the new CRL yet?

Hey,

Anyone trying to put one of these together yet? I have a shoretrooper so I have an idea on how it should function. I'm going to have to fabricate one of these since they're now part of the new CRL and my DarkSide undersuit was made some time ago. 

-Jef

@nocjef

Jef, the ab/kidney gasket has not changed from the original CRL, the only thing that has been added is the Level 2. There are makers of the gaskets who have each section seperate and there are other makers who have the gaskets integrated into the body suit.

There are people discussing the method in which the ab/kidney gasket has the abdomen armor and the rear kidney/TD canister attached to each other and the system is set up much like a corset design. However, since the "how it's set up "doesn't effect the "how it looks" we will not be making that part of the CRL. 

I have Jim's under suit which has the gaskets incorporated into the shirt and pants, I may look at seperating the ab/kidney and try attaching the armor to the gasket, but with the way I have my pieces strapped now, it really would not be an improvement.

• Like 1

@Chucklovesfood

Almost all of the current gasket makers: Jim AS, Darkside, Pinky, etc qualify for Level 2, as their gaskets meet the requirement 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

●   The ribs must be stitched/sewn and not stamped or fake stitching and must continue to show sewn ribs when the gaskets are bent.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Chaos said:

@nocjef

Jef, the ab/kidney gasket has not changed from the original CRL, the only thing that has been added is the Level 2. There are makers of the gaskets who have each section seperate and there are other makers who have the gaskets integrated into the body suit.

There are people discussing the method in which the ab/kidney gasket has the abdomen armor and the rear kidney/TD canister attached to each other and the system is set up much like a corset design. However, since the "how it's set up "doesn't effect the "how it looks" we will not be making that part of the CRL. 

I have Jim's under suit which has the gaskets incorporated into the shirt and pants, I may look at seperating the ab/kidney and try attaching the armor to the gasket, but with the way I have my pieces strapped now, it really would not be an improvement.

Thanks for clarifying. I still don't like the way the ab floats so I will continue to look into how to make one of these based on the shoretrooper version. I would ideally like the ab to be tighter and more form-fitting vs free-floating.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nocjef said:

Thanks for clarifying. I still don't like the way the ab floats so I will continue to look into how to make one of these based on the shoretrooper version. I would ideally like the ab to be tighter and more form-fitting vs free-floating.

Making a corset set up is do-able, if you come up with some ideas / drawings, post them up here, we have a lot of people who like to solve challenges here. myself included.

• Like 3