Sith trooper build first armor

Bright suns, 

Some of you might remember me and some might not I 4 years ago, set out to join the 501st I even attended a few troops as a handler it was so fun and an a couple armor parties just to meet people Florida Garrison makaze . Also I do apologize if I’m in the wrong section to post this I read and say others post the same so I thought it would be okay please please do tell me if it’s in the wrong place I will remove immediately I don’t want to be in anyone’s way or get in trouble I mean no harm. I’m still new and learning. Thank you 

So unfortunately that didn’t go to well, since I never got the rest of my armor from ANOVOS (tons in the same boat). So I got tired of waiting and during the quarantine I went ahead and just got another kit and that armor is a sith trooper in fiber glass from Jim Tripon super great looking but I made the first mistake and I put it on straight out the box lol well fiberglass didn’t go to well with my skin hahah so anyways let’s catch up to where I’m at ! 

First thing please please please jump in and say something if you know an easier way or more proper way to do something. this is my first time working on an armor so I would love any help it will only make it better, I’m open to any opinions. Yes I’m a newb don’t be too hard tho lol 

Alright, so I’ve already cleaned the armor I’ve been looking at other posts with in this forum to get a sort of tutorial but that wasn’t happening lol you guys too professional for me to understand pictures light up my world lol.  and then I went ahead and filler primer the inside of the armor so that the fiber glass doesn’t hurt me then dunked it in water and went ahead and sanded the inside so now it’s just glossy and smooth but no more pain when I put it on lol ! 

So now where I’m at is cutting the armor to fit me and that’s where i hit a wall because tho I’ve gone onto the spec ops forums under sith trooper wasn’t really a tutorial because it’s still fairly new, I really wish I had hands on help but that’s not going to happen anytime soon so hopefully a zoom armor party will happen soon. But here’s another photo of where I’m at with trying Some parts on :) I’ll keep adding photos and adding more as I continue building and all the way till it’s completed.

boots gloves- imperialboots 

sith kit- Jim Tripon 

harness-Tony Jobe 

helmet- both from Jim Tripon and armor shop I love both. 
Soft gaskets- Jim Tripon 

ST-W48 sith trooper blaster-Etsy premier props

https://imgur.com/a/RvKr4r1

https://imgur.com/a/oNl7DQi

this link above is all the photos from start to finish. In no way am I a pro so please use CRL for reference as much as possible I have a few things I need to fix so please in no way follow my pictures completely always reference the crl I don’t wanna be held responsible if something is wrong. Thanks 

Chest piece

906E528A-AD3C-4824-8A56-1051AC23B3F9.thumb.jpeg.af57a57076f57c1c7d717b367487437a.jpeg
clamped then down to see how it looks

64933916-D79F-4D5E-A9D3-7111CAFA2358.thumb.jpeg.2484e698504d1a0827d386e8f3589d5b.jpeg2AA7F95C-0AF9-4EA1-BBE3-CA5B7C03F820.thumb.jpeg.e412ae7cdebfd2f4cbcff6daca828b1b.jpegabout to glue the top parts together. 23DC7250-9F6C-49E4-BF2A-84228E8610AD.thumb.jpeg.c7d879e8e418671df6fe756e484ba916.jpeg916189E1-FCE6-4941-8315-62455A635D9D.thumb.jpeg.510e1cc9bafebd9e26eb3bfa81cd6b42.jpeg

Hello and welcome back, sorry to hear you had issues with Anovos, many have been in the same boat.

I also have a Jim kit and have had to make some adjustments to it (you can find my build here), there are some details missing from his kit as it was produced early on.

The CRL is almost ready so that should help your build.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing more.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello and welcome back, sorry to hear you had issues with Anovos, many have been in the same boat.

I also have a Jim kit and have had to make some adjustments to it (you can find my build here), there are some details missing from his kit as it was produced early on.

The CRL is almost ready so that should help your build.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing more.

It’s okay to glue this part together? 

F37E73EC-0D7F-4A43-BA17-DFF7EC7EBDCB.jpeg

C2707C63-5105-4225-9012-A731E751B9AF.jpeg

33ABECDD-2CB0-4A0A-A232-7EA44D669B16.jpeg

I saw that you didn’t just now but I already glued it ? oops

22 minutes ago, Bear0902 said:

It’s okay to glue this part together? 

F37E73EC-0D7F-4A43-BA17-DFF7EC7EBDCB.jpeg

C2707C63-5105-4225-9012-A731E751B9AF.jpeg

33ABECDD-2CB0-4A0A-A232-7EA44D669B16.jpeg

I saw that you didn’t just now but I already glued it ? oops

If you can get it on and off then it should be ok, after all approval photos will show you wearing not separate pieces ;) 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

If you can get it on and off then it should be ok, after all approval photos will show you wearing not separate pieces ;) 

Okay kool I was looking at your photos and I’m short was wondering if you cut the part where the knee is and down. Did you cut that part to make shorter and also their is a lot extra on the side as well as you can see in the photo I attached did you also trim that as well? What does the inside of that part look like for you. I’m trying to follow your photo 

D533E414-CC33-43F6-A013-48560B17FEF3.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Bear0902 said:

Okay kool I was looking at your photos and I’m short was wondering if you cut the part where the knee is and down. Did you cut that part to make shorter and also their is a lot extra on the side as well as you can see in the photo I attached did you also trim that as well? What does the inside of that part look like for you. I’m trying to follow your photo 

D533E414-CC33-43F6-A013-48560B17FEF3.jpeg

I didn't cut any parts to make shorter BUT I did trim off some material from the sides on the shins and thighs they are just too wide. I used magnets on the insides of the shins so they lock in nicely. Make sure you try with boots on or you may trim too much and they won't go around the boot fully

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I didn't cut any parts to make shorter BUT I did trim off some material from the sides on the shins and thighs they are just too wide. I used magnets on the insides of the shins so they lock in nicely. Make sure you try with boots on or you may trim too much and they won't go around the boot fully

The white circles are mine. What was it that got changed with these photos ? Because I’m looking at it and it looks exactly the same and also my shoulder lines aren’t correct and I noticed on your post it says that he had fixed them was wondering if that’s how their supposed to look or if this is an old kit I have with none of the parts updated ? 

9D47E6FD-2513-4422-B39E-61FF6BD5E755.jpeg

E848867E-E58D-4BDA-99CF-23F54A8AF260.png

3359CBF2-CDFD-4FF2-A2D6-BABBD7397185.png

7C07B336-A18D-49B9-A200-CA4E81175F92.png

D9BDBA34-8F1B-4E3D-A64B-CE91D54D0635.jpeg

On 8/14/2020 at 8:23 AM, Bear0902 said:

The white circles are mine. What was it that got changed with these photos ? Because I’m looking at it and it looks exactly the same and also my shoulder lines aren’t correct and I noticed on your post it says that he had fixed them was wondering if that’s how their supposed to look or if this is an old kit I have with none of the parts updated ? 

They were not on the first kits and had been updated, your image is small but looks like you have the updated pieces.

Although Jim added the lines they are in the wrong spot, you could fill and re-cut, they should be lower and overlap the other lines by 4

2egbdqg.jpg2egbdqg.jpg

Squared off side shin box and added details

2egbdqg.jpg 2egbdqg.jpg

Neck lip update

2egbdqg.jpg2egbdqg.jpg

Shin magnet closure showing how much material was left after trimming.

2egbdqg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You can use a Philips head screwdriver first, with a slight tap it will split the post so when you next use the snap tool it will spread the post more than just using the tool on it's own.

Looking good.

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can use a Philips head screwdriver first, with a slight tap it will split the post so when you next use the snap tool it will spread the post more than just using the tool on it's own.

Looking good.

I literally went out and bought another tool just yesterday haven’t tried it yet.FC8CFE42-091D-4F7C-8327-590A51ECA290.jpeg.f3ab3fe22b9f0381a2fa2547da641abe.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

They were not on the first kits and had been updated, your image is small but looks like you have the updated pieces.

Although Jim added the lines they are in the wrong spot, you could fill and re-cut, they should be lower and overlap the other lines by 4

oiscoj5.jpgcZKkdbc.jpg

Squared off side shin box and added details

2lXYcsj.jpg irHzUKF.jpg

Neck lip update

n8RNBo6.jpgprYmxM8.jpg

Shin magnet closure showing how much material was left after trimming.

R7OxGZ0.jpg

Sorry for the extremely late advice but the shape of the centre trapezoidal section on your gorget is incorrect. The trapezoid's narrowest side should be closest to the neck; for some reason Jim's with kit it is upside down. There are other issues with the spacing of these sections, but are ok for L1. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Bear0902 said:

I tried posting photos but won’t Allow me I can’t figure out how to ?

If using a site like Imgur, just copy the picture link into the reply and then press enter and it should show the pic.

• Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...

this link above is all the photos from start to finish. In no way am I a pro so please use CRL for reference as much as possible I have a few things I need to fix so please in no way follow my pictures completely always reference the crl I don’t wanna be held responsible if something is wrong. Thanks 

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...
On 8/19/2021 at 10:45 AM, Bear0902 said:

One you have upload pics to imgur you can right-click and copy image address, then paste the link here,   hit enter and the image will automatically display

X9E6XBZ.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...