Shadow Scout - My First Build Ever

Below is what I received today from WTF, so hoping I have everything. If anything is missing, please give me a shout. :) 

zgUKYmM.jpg

I ordered a full soft parts kit from Imperial Boots, so that's in the box. Below are their gloves/boots that I have out of the box. They fit great!

Gloves:

A0gddkS.jpg

Boots (velcros together in the back nicely):

PX06LLy.jpg

Will post more pictures soon. 

• 11 months later...

Hi there!!! I am also working on a WTF kit, along with @CrookKnight, let me know how I can help.  Just working out the last bit of armor, then building all my soft goods in hopes to make an event at the end of the month.

Also their are some videos on the WTF FB page to help guide the bucket and back build.  Gets lots of sandpaper, primer and Canyon Black paint, then prepare to san prime paint, sand, paint and enjoy it!!!!!

The trimming is not to bad, just take your time and have lots of fresh blades handy for your knife you use to cut with.

Tom

TS/DZ 62609

• Like 1

Also I see you got extra Bells, not sure what deal that way, but that is interesting.

Depending on what level you want to go to, you will need to order stickers for the bucket and possibly replace the bolts for the side of the bucket.

Tom

2 hours ago, BrandonTheDiver said:

For sure would welcome any help. My build got put on hold some due to an overseas work trip, but I'm back in Woodbridge, VA as of now. Work is a little wild presently, but definitely want to get this done.

@minimo  Ur a standard scout…live closeby to assist?

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, CrookKnight said:

How is your build going?

Got derailed by an overseas deployment last year and Covid. Could use help. 

Have all the pieces, just could use someone’s expertise on assembly as this is my first build.

i did relocate; I’m in the Lorton, VA area now. But willing to drive an hour in any direction for help one weekend.

Unfortunately I live in Charleston SC.  However, if you post as you go with the questions you have, I am sure we can all help you.

Have you started at all?  If not, I would recommend starting with some of the easier pieces like the forearms, biceps or knees…so you can kind of warm up to building. 

Also, what tools are you using?  This is important and can make your life much easier, especially if you have a table belt sander.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, CrookKnight said:

Unfortunately I live in Charleston SC.  However, if you post as you go with the questions you have, I am sure we can all help you.

Have you started at all?  If not, I would recommend starting with some of the easier pieces like the forearms, biceps or knees…so you can kind of warm up to building. 

Also, what tools are you using?  This is important and can make your life much easier, especially if you have a table belt sander.

Luckily a good number of the pieces I received from Walt were already trimmed up pretty nicely. I need to do an inventory post-move and make sure nothing got damaged.