New guys here

Thank you guys. I started printing the armor so I’ll see how it goes. 

To be honest I haven’t really studied the Sith trooper. And with not CRL done yet it’s kinda hard to figure out what’s right or wrong with armor sets. 

what do you see that’s missing on this set? 

• 2 weeks later...

So im off and running on printing the parts for the sith trooper. Im not investing in the soft parts until i get everything printed up and the armor is fitting. Im using the files that are in the first post. I bought them durning the Black Friday sale for $30, at that price I couldn’t pass it up and jumped all over it. 

Scaling has been challenging, i a bigger guy and I'm bought the armorsmith program to help figure it all out. 

I figure that i should start the arms first since that should be relatively easy to do. I have two printers, a Ender 3 Pro and a CR-10S. I was able to do all the arm parts in one pass, didn't have to cut anything up. 

I moved on the the AB’s and chest area. At first i was going to the chest but thought i should do the abs then fit the chest over the AB section . I had to cut the AB section into 4 parts for the CR-10 and since the back section isnt all that big i cut that up and put that on the ender 3. 

The helmet i found a file on thingiverse and it was a super easy print. Not sure if its a appovable helmet but figured why not!

so im moving along hopefully i get everything printed and fitting sometime in January. Ill update the progression here. 

What the opinion on what red to use? I seen Montana gold fire red, ace banner red and a few others. Im a long way off from painting the armor but the helmet can be done soon. 

imK5Bl2.jpg

8zufMyH.jpg

FQTuOlT.jpg

aontSs5.jpg

N5jJ3RX.jpg

CPZq1qh.jpg

YotXgXD.jpg

m7R2121.jpg

4gqcHyg.jpg

I was reading somewhere that Montana gold fire red was most likely used to paint the armor. I know guys have been using ace banner red, I have a art supply shop by me and wa able to get a few cans of MG, going to give it a shot. I’ll post pictures once it drys up, going to shot the helmet. 

58 minutes ago, Tober said:

Definitely not Montana gold fire red

It's a really hard colour to replicate 100% because it's not a painted kit. You will likely need to try a couple of different colours (every region has different paints) and try to match as best as possible. Keep in mind you will need to try and colour match the boots too, so my tip would be work on the boots first then colour match from there. Depending on your approach with the boots; will probably inform the colour you can use on the rest of your armor.

While I'm here, you may want to check the nose/bridge/snout detail of your helmet (it appears to lack the detail).

1 hour ago, nanotek said:

It's a really hard colour to replicate 100% because it's not a painted kit. You will likely need to try a couple of different colours (every region has different paints) and try to match as best as possible. Keep in mind you will need to try and colour match the boots too, so my tip would be work on the boots first then colour match from there. Depending on your approach with the boots; will probably inform the colour you can use on the rest of your armor.

While I'm here, you may want to check the nose/bridge/snout detail of your helmet (it appears to lack the detail).

Im going to finish printing the rest of the armor first before i order any soft goods, this is the first full armor set i am printing so I'm not convinced its going to work out! LOL! If it does work out ill do what you suggest and get the boots and try to match them the best i can. 

The helmet is missing parts in the picture but i do have all the parts for it. I did notice that it needs a little bit more work. Before final painting 

• Like 1