Shadow Trooper Advice

Hello all. I’m a total noobie and I’m looking for advice/recommendations. I intend to build a shadow trooper armor. I ordered a kit from 850 Armor Works but unfortunately their kit is based on Rogue One TK armor which I believe is not 501st approvable as a shadow trooper. It is currently processing and hasn’t been shipped yet. Does anyone have any advice on how to salvage the kit/build or do I just have to eat it?

Thank you in advance for any information. 

19 hours ago, Spencer said:

Hello all. I’m a total noobie and I’m looking for advice/recommendations. I intend to build a shadow trooper armor. I ordered a kit from 850 Armor Works but unfortunately their kit is based on Rogue One TK armor which I believe is not 501st approvable as a shadow trooper. It is currently processing and hasn’t been shipped yet. Does anyone have any advice on how to salvage the kit/build or do I just have to eat it?

Thank you in advance for any information. 

Spencer, I haven't seen anyone convert a RO kit to ANH kit due to the amount of work and supplies that it'd take. You'd be better off purchasing an ANH kit from Walt's Trooper Factory (WTF) on Facebook, RS Propmasters (UK) or MTK at Trooperbay.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Spencer said:

IcyTrooper thank you for your help. I see your responses all over the forum and appreciate your willingness to jump in and help us new guys. I ended up switching out my armor for a death trooper. Shadow trooper in the future. 

My pleasure!! That is an awesome choice to swap into the Death Trooper!!

• Thanks 1

@Spencer I believe ur friend PMd me regarding the R1 kit from 850.  Itd be a bit to convert Id say.  Death Trooper will keep u plenty busy. Start a WIP thread (work in progress) and ask away.  Couple knowledgeable DT builders on staff @nanotek @Chaos not to mention the community in general. Best wishes!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, RAIDER said:

@Spencer I believe ur friend PMd me regarding the R1 kit from 850.  Itd be a bit to convert Id say.  Death Trooper will keep u plenty busy. Start a WIP thread (work in progress) and ask away.  Couple knowledgeable DT builders on staff @nanotek @Chaos not to mention the community in general. Best wishes!

Thanks for the shout, we will help you as best as we can!

19 hours ago, Spencer said:

IcyTrooper thank you for your help. I see your responses all over the forum and appreciate your willingness to jump in and help us new guys. I ended up switching out my armor for a death trooper. Shadow trooper in the future. 

It's a common theme, that's exactly what I did, came in Shadow then Rogue One came out, DT all the way from there. I later did the Shadow Scout instead! Look forward to your progress and see where the ride takes you

• Like 1