Trock's Shadow Trooper Build

Ok...so the journey has officially begun. I will say between finding time to actually sit down and do this and all of the second guessing, I have a feeling this may take longer then I originally anticipated. Please see below. Feed back much appreciated and needed.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

J2ZlD19.jpg

spacer.png

• Like 2

From what I can see, you are definitely sizing it properly by having the undersuit on ahead of time. Don't hesitate on creating a WIP thread in the Shadow Stormtrooper section and we can more easily set you up with help! :) 

• 1 month later...

First I want to say I have deep respect for all that have completed one of these. This is an awesome task but it can be difficult to make progress while getting all my day to day stuff done.

With that said, I appreciate all of the collective knowledge on the web and any input I receive on the forums. My trooper is finally taking shape and I am excited to see him come to life. I have been chipping away when I can so here's my progress so far.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

eEsMuPE.jpg

I have most of the mid section cut out just working on the strapping.

vpLa1gf.jpg

• Like 1

Hello all! Making some great progress on the ab, chest, back and kidney/posterior. Can't wait to post pictures. 

Researching the helmet build now. Question on the paint to use for vocoder, teeth and other areas. The CRL calls out black silver or grey. Are there specific paints that you all recommend? 

I'd say these: 11 Silver Metallic for Humbrol or Testors 1146TT, if that is too silvery then a 26 Med Gray Satin for Humbrol.

My helmet already came with the silver from Anovos so I didn't have to paint mine, but I think it was really close to a gunmetal gray. @Allan1313, didn't you mix some awhile back?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I'd say these: 11 Silver Metallic for Humbrol or Testors 1146TT, if that is too silvery then a 26 Med Gray Satin for Humbrol.

My helmet already came with the silver from Anovos so I didn't have to paint mine, but I think it was really close to a gunmetal gray. @Allan1313, didn't you mix some awhile back?

I had the first wave of the Anovos and they didn't finish painting the teeth all the way to the end. So I tried to color match as best I could. I used Testors silver and gloss black. I just kept adding a little black to the silver and painting on some scrap black ABS to see if I could get the color to match the Anovos color. I think it turned out ok. But if you there isn't already something there, I personally like a darker silver, not too shiny. But as long as its within CRL you should be good. 

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

Ok...here we go! I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel! Finally had some time and got a bunch done.

How's it looking??? Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Next up finish...helmet. Also need to add snaps to shoulder bell so I can try all of that on.

I can't wait to get this approved and get out and troop!

jEuuATf.jpg

imxNuWi.jpg

SIh1m2h.jpg

C1Ttat9.jpg

8Ia5htp.jpg

8j5HAYy.jpg

• Like 1
On 6/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, Trock said:

Ok...here we go! I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel! Finally had some time and got a bunch done.

How's it looking??? Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Next up finish...helmet. Also need to add snaps to shoulder bell so I can try all of that on.

I can't wait to get this approved and get out and troop!

jEuuATf.jpg

imxNuWi.jpg

SIh1m2h.jpg

C1Ttat9.jpg

8Ia5htp.jpg

8j5HAYy.jpg

Looking pretty darn good from what I can see so far. I'd see if you can bring the chest piece down a smidge in the front so that there isn't a gap between the ab plate and the chest plate.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I have been chipping away at the last elements of my build and I think I may be done!?!

I would love some feedback before I submit to see if I am missing anything or if anything looks off.?

I think I need to close in the gap on my knees??? gloves and handguards are a bit of a mess as well.

cPqxQsL.jpg

1YmtAso.jpg

fOpn7x7.jpg

k957NSH.jpg

F4bOVbU.jpg

BWADnEH.jpg

• Like 2

Close @Trock!  Like you mentioned the areas of concern would be the forearms/gloves and the knee gap.

By the look of it you could drop the forearms lower closer to the gloves.  They seem high up on your elbows from the side views.

For the knees, it looks like you have your shins up as high as you could risk putting them based on the rear view and where theyre sitting on the boots. You must be a tall trooper!  Maybe @IcyTrooper who is taller than the avg stormtrooper can give suggestions.  Maybe drop the thighs a little?

I noticed your rivets on the the thigh ammo need to be painted black along w the holster rivets (see CRL model pic).

• Like 1
12 hours ago, RAIDER said:

Close @Trock!  Like you mentioned the areas of concern would be the forearms/gloves and the knee gap.

By the look of it you could drop the forearms lower closer to the gloves.  They seem high up on your elbows from the side views.

For the knees, it looks like you have your shins up as high as you could risk putting them based on the rear view and where theyre sitting on the boots. You must be a tall trooper!  Maybe @IcyTrooper who is taller than the avg stormtrooper can give suggestions.  Maybe drop the thighs a little?

I noticed your rivets on the the thigh ammo need to be painted black along w the holster rivets (see CRL model pic).

Thanks for the feedback Raider. I have to get better at putting the armor on by myself. I struggled with the gloves at the end!?

And yes....I am almost 6'3....so I would love to hear from other tall troopers. I think I have room to drop thighs a bit. 

Thank you for pointing out the missed rivets! I was so excited to have everything assembled and ready to put on that I definitely overlooked. 

• Like 1

Hello! I'm a tall trooper as well, I'm close to 6' 3" so I'd definitely recommend dropping those thighs a little bit. We are going to have a gap regardless but we can at least minimize it a bit :) How you had it here was very good:

imxNuWi.jpg

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Hello! I'm a tall trooper as well, I'm close to 6' 3" so I'd definitely recommend dropping those thighs a little bit. We are going to have a gap regardless but we can at least minimize it a bit :) How you had it here was very good:

imxNuWi.jpg

Thanks Icytrooper! That's what I was hoping you'd say!

So close to being done! Thanks again for all the great feedback. 

• Like 1

@Trock Anthony, I just saw this after I responded to your Carolina Garrison post. LOL Pretty much what David @RAIDER mentioned above is what I posted in the CG post. 

Looking Great Trooper!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...