Helmet lense

The lenses are usually cut out of green welding shield. 

Pyramex Safety Full Face Shield Eye & Head Protection (Headgear Not Included), Dark Green Polyethylene - ANSI Z87 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YA27DRC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_7QW6MEVKA1CVQCY8G8ZF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

I am not sure which bucket you went with or if these fit? You would need to put some tint in them to obscure your eyes better, but they look acceptable.

http://www.opleprops.com/product_info.php?info=p325_ople-props-deathtrooper-rogue-one-bulbed-lense-anovos-trooper-helmetlense-lense-costume-helmet-cosplay-krennic-death-trooper-rogueone-green-accurate-501st.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Anarchy4 The lens, if cut from welding shields, can be heat molded to fit the curve of the inside of the helmet and trimmed to fit the opening. If you are looking to go for Level 2, the lens would need to not only be curved to follow the inside, but also must have a slight "bulge" or outward curve. The link that @nanotek posted is Level 2 approvable.

If your files are not from one of the vendors that we listed in the Death Trooper Vendor list then I would have someone take a look at the files to see exactly how much work would be required to make them approvable. Its best to start knowing what needs to be fixed early in your build instead of finding out later after you have put a lot of work into a piece. Best of luck, make sure you start your own build thread and post up progress so we can assist you along the way.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

@Anarchy4 The lens, if cut from welding shields, can be heat molded to fit the curve of the inside of the helmet and trimmed to fit the opening. If you are looking to go for Level 2, the lens would need to not only be curved to follow the inside, but also must have a slight "bulge" or outward curve. The link that @nanotek posted is Level 2 approvable.

If your files are not from one of the vendors that we listed in the Death Trooper Vendor list then I would have someone take a look at the files to see exactly how much work would be required to make them approvable. Its best to start knowing what needs to be fixed early in your build instead of finding out later after you have put a lot of work into a piece. Best of luck, make sure you start your own build thread and post up progress so we can assist you along the way.

Who would be a good person to reach out to about looking at the files?

Start your build thread, post where you got the files from, I'm sure someone will be able to assist, without knows whose/what files they are I can't give a specific person.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So TDK Prop’s files came with a file for the lense, I assuming as a guide. I printed that off and I’m just gonna cut my lenses out of the shield using that as the template (I might make 2 to try and make the bubble lenses)

• Like 3