Death Trooper Strapping

Hello everyone,

New to this forum and am beginning a TX (Death Trooper) build. Can anyone kindly point me in a direction to purchase a strapping kit please? I have seen a few on Etsy but was curious to ask first before buying something I may, or may not, need.

I already have an approved ROTS Vader and decided to build a second kit to attend events if another person already signed up as Vader and the DT looks like an awesome build.

Thanks in advance ?

Hello Derrick and welcome to the SpecOps! At the moment I'm also doing the strapping on my DT build and purchased the harness from @ukswrathon Etsy. This is very easy to handle, although I did some changes on it to fit my needs. There are several different strapping techniques out there, but I think the harness style is the most comfortable. It was also important to me that I can put on the armor alone without help. This works quite fine with the harness!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I built my strapping, I tried to base it off how LFL were strapping the FOTK and Shoretrooper. In the end I came up with a couple of different options, the first one was a one piece system for upper and lower armour; it allowed me to sit, but was too much pressure on my shoulders all day. The second design was a separate chest harness with belt/garter; it didn't allow me to sit, but had the more accurate double strapping on the thigh, but also relieved the pressure on my shoulders.

I also reinforced some sections with leather where there was a great deal more pull. I have some other ideas about what I will do to improve mobility and comfort, I just need time which I do not seem to have these days!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TucsonDerrick Derrick, strapping will depend on what works best for you and which DT kit you build. I would recommend looking thru all the DT build threads and see what works best for your needs.

My upper armor is strapped in the same manner as Mr Paul's Shoretrooper. My abdomen and back plate is a corset design attached to my ab gasket held in place the same way as the ST.

Belt is velcroed to a strip under my abdomen and the back plate, then my butt plate and cod piece are velcroed to the belt.

I use Ukswrath's harness slightly modified to hang my thighs. The mobility is great and I can sit down.

Best of luck with your build and don't forget to start your own build thread, makes it easier to ask questions and get advice all in one place.

Welcome to Spec Ops!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for the feedback. Once I get my harness, I will start looking at additional materials. I appreciate the insight on other DT builds…….pretty much the same as when I built my Vader……lots and lots of research.

I already received my boots from Imperial Boots, gloves from Endors Finders and DT chat system from Ukswrath (easy stuff). I decided to go with Armory Shop Props for the armor and undersuit and Imperial Arms for the e-11d.

I will start a build thread and continue to research it. Thank you again for the info.

• Like 2

Good choices on your suppliers. If you like to build, I'd get Denis's unfinished kit, sometimes his prefinished kits, even though you send him your measurements, sometimes they need to be adjusted and then you have to repaint.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Chaos said:

sometimes his prefinished kits, even though you send him your measurements, sometimes they need to be adjusted and then you have to repaint.

Copy that! My painted shins, forearms and thighs from Denis were a pain and had to be reworked massively, although they had my exact measurements! Do yourself a favor and paint your parts yourself after adjusting them. I wouldn't buy a ready painted kit again without having it fitted before!

• Thanks 1

All good points. I learned that when building my Vader with measurements still causing issues even with correct numbers. When I measured my DT, I added 2cm to all measurements. Not worried about anything that is slightly too large but too small will be a headache.

• Like 1