TX-12273 (eventually) Build thread and questions...

Gundark

Greetings!  

It has been a rough couple of months, but I am back and trying to get some work done on this kit!  I have a WTF Shadow Scout kit.  I am going to be referencing as many other threads as I can but I am sure I will have some questions.  

I plan to document the build here, so it should be a fun journey.  

I do have a silly question....  Do you scuff up your shiny armor before priming and painting for the matte paint? 

More to come soon

• Like 1

Hi and welcome, looking forward to seeing your progress. With regards to your paint question, you should follow standard procedure for painting anything. Any surface in general will require some kind of surface preparations like degreasing, cleaning and priming. There are plenty of resources available that will cover off these topics.

I ensured all my surfaces were sanded with 800 grit sand paper before using a plastic primer/filler. Switched up to 1200 grit for the primed surface, cleaned again and. then used the Rustoleum 2X Paint with primer in Satin Black. It came out quite nicely.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...